Author Topic: Another Nail In Our Coffin?  (Read 810 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Another Nail In Our Coffin?
« on: January 26, 2016, 02:26:43 PM »
Man who feared mass shootings brings gun to movie theater, accidentally shoots woman: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/01/26/man-who-feared-mass-shootings-brings-gun-to-movie-theater-accidentally-shoots-woman/?wpmm=1&wpisrc=nl_evening

A lot of loose change in this report and it's not hard to distinguish the left-leaning point of view of the reporter (Michael E. Miller is a foreign affairs reporter for The Washington Post. He writes for the Morning Mix news blog.).
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Another Nail In Our Coffin?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 07:17:01 PM »
The vast majority of careful, and even well-trained, gun owners, carriers, and users, must not be judged by the stupidity of the thoughtless, the drunken, and the foolish.

Are all automobile drivers judged according to the excesses of street racers, drug takers, and drinkers?

I believe that the American public is beginning to realize that the scare stories occasioned by the misuse of weapons by the stupid do not apply wholesale to every shooter.
It seems to have taken a very long time to get started, but the advance of critical thinking in the land may finally have begun.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 11:06:47 PM »
The vast majority of careful, and even well-trained, gun owners, carriers, and users, must not be judged by the stupidity of the thoughtless, the drunken, and the foolish.

I totally agree!

Are all automobile drivers judged according to the excesses of street racers, drug takers, and drinkers?

No, they are not!

I believe that the American public is beginning to realize that the scare stories occasioned by the misuse of weapons by the stupid do not apply wholesale to every shooter.

As compared to other negative engagements with society, these types of events are but paltry in occurrence.

It seems to have taken a very long time to get started, but the advance of critical thinking in the land may finally have begun.

But, will thinking turn into action?  Will people press for better border security, the removal of safe haven cities, and more importantly, will they exercise the power of the vote to remove those in office who continually disregard their rights as citizens - among other things?  I surely hope that the "sleeping giant" is finally waking up from its hibernation state strong enough to change this obamanation and return to its constitutional roots.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 11:55:55 PM »
...I surely hope that the "sleeping giant" is finally waking up from its hibernation state strong enough to change this obamanation and return to its constitutional roots.

...Me, too.
'Bout time!
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 01:30:21 PM »
Would like to tell this person, thanks for the help! 👺
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 05:09:11 PM »
Would like to tell this person, thanks for the help! 👺
Same here.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.