Author Topic: Opinion Piece - Glock G26 vs. G43  (Read 1582 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Opinion Piece - Glock G26 vs. G43
« on: December 24, 2015, 07:58:15 AM »
The Glock G26 ("Baby" Glock) has been out for quite awhile, but will it be usurped by the diminutive G43.  Much has been written about both, either individually or collectively.  So, i thought that I would throw my opinion in the ring about them:

http://guntoters.com/blog/2015/12/24/of-calibers-and-calipers-glock-g43-vs-glock-g26/

See also, my review of the Glock 43 that could serve as a lead in to the latest opinion: http://guntoters.com/blog/2015/08/03/glock-g43-no-longer-wishful-thinking/
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

pop pop

Re: Opinion Piece - Glock G26 vs. G43
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 02:16:34 PM »
Taurian, I own 3 Glocks, and they are all safe queens for me. I just cannot warm up to a plastic pistol. I would not give my, all steal, Sig P229 for all 3 Glocks I don't care if it is heavier.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 04:18:43 AM »
pop pop, I think that us old fellas that grew up with steel and wood handguns are more partial to them than the "plastic" wonder-pistols. I also prefer a hammer and firing pin over a "striker" any day, but I will give due where I feel it is needed.  While I do have some Glock pistols they, like yours, are pretty much kept in captivity. If I feel the propensity to shoot a Glock, I borrow one of the guns at the range and shoot theirs.

For the most part I prefer my heavy, steel handguns like the 1911, Sig Sauer (P239 and P220 in my case), over most others with preference going to the 1911.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 09:36:15 AM »
One of these days...one of these days, I'm gonna have me a Glock, yep.
For now though, my opinion has zero weight.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 10:05:36 AM »
One of these days...one of these days, I'm gonna have me a Glock, yep.
For now though, my opinion has zero weight.

There have been a lot of people with little intelligence that spout their opinions about everything they don't know. For example, take our current administration...

I had opinions of Glock pistols when they first arrived and mostly it was negative.  I had seen them but never shot one. 

I shot my first Glock, a G17 Competition Long Slide model (a G17, I think), and I swore that I would never own one due to the trigger.  Of course, the G17 had a competition trigger that broke at about 3-pounds and was not indicative of the rest of the Glock breed of pistols, but I did not know that at the time.  Fast forward to a point in time where I was asked if I wanted to shoot a shooting buddy's G19 and my opinion of them changed, but not totally. They were still a block in my mind, but they did shoot good with a standard trigger (5.5-pounds). I was offered a package deal at my LGS and wound up with three 9mm version because I could not beat the price of the combined trio of pistols. Three .45 versions later (again at a package price) and I now have a collection of the devils in my two favorite calibers.  The most recent acquisition was the G43. However, I will say that if I was offered a Glock or a 1911, the 1911 would come home with me.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2015, 11:25:46 AM »
My SIL on Whidbey Island has a G36 (I think ) in .45 acp.

It's very large.
He is very large.

It fits his hand very well.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.