Author Topic: VZ Grips  (Read 518 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
VZ Grips
« on: December 19, 2015, 11:59:12 AM »
I had ordered a set of VZ ETC Dirty Olive G10 grip panels for the Rock Island 1911 MS Standard. While I had mounted a set of LOK grips on the Springfield 1911 Loaded and on the CZ75B, I decided to give VZ grips a chance, albeit they are more expensive.

I had ordered the VZ grip panels in standard thickness, a beveled bottom cut, and cut for the Rock Island ambidextrous thumb safety.

I have to say that I am well-pleased with them. The grip thickness is just shy of perfectly matching up with the extended ambidextrous thumb safety levers at the top and access to the thumb safety is not impeded in any way.  The texture provides a good gripping surface while not assaulting the hand. The panel to grip fit is as close to perfect as you can get.

It is not a grip that you do want lying against bare skin, as the texture is abrasive like an ex-girlfriend and feels very much like shark skin - a T-shirt is highly recommended between your skin and this grip.

The VZ grip adds a little bit of class to an otherwise mundane-looking pistol, and since now that the RIA 1911 MS Standard is my EDC, I would hate to present a mundane looking pistol to a bad guy, although his attention would probably be more focused on that big hole at the end of the barrel and not the grips.

And, like LOK grips, they are made right here in the U.S.A.  Forgive the fact that they are mounted on a pistol that is made in the Philippines, but a lot of American lives were lost on those islands, we won, and that's close enough to America for me.

[attach=1][attach=2]
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.