Author Topic: Black v white  (Read 853 times)

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
Black v white
« on: December 12, 2015, 10:53:54 AM »
http://youtu.be/BKGZnB41_e4
I hope I posted the right video
Most on here know I'm not a big fan of open carry, but not against any who choose to, but this video is just wrong, both in the same area carrying the same rifle, only difference is? One man is white, the other black, why was this handled so differently?
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Black v white
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 01:09:13 PM »
I believe that you answered your own question; One man is white, the other black. Also a different officer handing the situation.  I'm impressed - 5 units with a K-9 and everybody loaded for bear!
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 01:35:45 PM »
Being black shouldn't mean that 5-6 units are dispatched, and treated like a criminal, both cases are in the same area, one white, one black, both should be treated in the same manner, if the officer is just in the treatment of the black man, then the same thing should have been with the white individual, police are trained to handle situations, both cases there was no threat, so! My opinion should have been treated the same, the officer that handled the black man, would he have done the same with the white man? I'm willing to bet not
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 10:18:29 AM »
Since I am not privy to all that happened in each individual case I would have to guess that "Attitude" may have been one different factor.
As for crzyjarmans question and statement I must agree completely.
There is no justification, assuming all factors were the same for the visible difference in the response.
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."