Author Topic: And, We Continue To Argue Amongst Ourselves  (Read 1015 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
And, We Continue To Argue Amongst Ourselves
« on: November 03, 2015, 07:18:46 AM »
Rift Emerges Among Gun Owners Over Concealing Weapons in Schools: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/03/us/gun-owners-concealed-carry-schools.html?_r=0
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
Re: And, We Continue To Argue Amongst Ourselves
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 04:33:05 PM »
The New York Times, I really have to consider the source . . . .
There is no way they would or could run a positive article about guns.
That possibility is totally beyond their ability and they would never allow it to happen.
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 04:59:18 AM »
One thing the article said, I just might agree with, open carry in a school might not be such a good idea, not saying I would scare the kids, I'm sure some would be, but it more than likely would be a distraction,  but to conceal is (IMHO) the way to go, but that's also my mindset on carrying anywhere
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 05:10:05 AM »
One thing the article said, I just might agree with, open carry in a school might not be such a good idea, not saying I would scare the kids, I'm sure some would be, but it more than likely would be a distraction,  but to conceal is (IMHO) the way to go, but that's also my mindset on carrying anywhere

In my thoughts, concealed carry is the way.  Kids, being kids, are capable of doing foolish stunts - especially on a dare.  I could visualize a student attempting to try a grab at one's openly carried firearm, just to see if they could do it.

Out of sight, out of mindless children.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

LEJoe

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 12:55:41 PM »
My thinking for carrying in schools or at school functions is to carry concealed in a good retention holster for the very same reasons Taurian pointed out.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »
I agree too.

Too many times, young people "see" "adults" doing this or that...and use that sighting for an inner excuse to do something similar.

BTW, I'm using very succinct language and wording here.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.