Author Topic: Ruger Redhawk in .45 Colt/.45 ACP  (Read 833 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Ruger Redhawk in .45 Colt/.45 ACP
« on: October 29, 2015, 05:48:13 AM »
Having owned a couple of Ruger Redhawk in .44 magnum in the past, I can attest that they are fine and robust revolvers to own.  In fact, the Ruger Redhawk is the only revolver that I trust (aside from the Super Blackhawk) to fire a formidable cartridge like the .44 magnum.

The link is to an article that I consider a ho-hum attempt as a review of the Ruger Redhawk chambered for the .45 Colt/.45 ACP cartridge.  If I truly desired a double-action revolver for the .45 Colt cartridge, the Ruger Redhawk would be the prime choice, followed closely by a Ruger Blackhawk.

For my Uberti single-actions, I stay with cowboy loads that run anywhere from 710 fps up to 760fps - they are pretty tame to say the least - accurate, but tame.  The Ruger Redhawk (and Blackhawk) revolver can handle loads like the Cor-Bon 300-grain JSP +P (about 1300fps) with no problem.  Of course, some would rather invest in a firearm chambered for the .454 Casull, which can also fire the .45 Colt and provides a wider ranging selection of ammunition.

Anyway, here is the link to the article: http://www.ammoland.com/2015/10/ruger-redhawk-revolver-review/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=64ca198e10-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-64ca198e10-20763529#axzz3pxTXoYCU
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.