Author Topic: John Farnam: Personal readiness with a running gun  (Read 635 times)

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: John Farnam: Personal readiness with a running gun
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 06:27:42 AM »
Very interesting article.  Thanks for posting.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: John Farnam: Personal readiness with a running gun
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 11:40:35 AM »
Good article and good points made.

I had argued with myself about what I should bring to CR's training course in November.  The obvious answer is to bring what I carry and that is what I plan to do - along with a backup.  Since I am relying on the Ruger SR1911CMD-A on a daily basis to save my bacon, should the need arise, I would rather the gun fail during training rather than it failing when I need it most. Unlike the article; however, my EDC is treated with the utmost respect and will have about 800 rounds through it before the training session.  So far, the Ruger SR1911CMD-A has been 100% reliable with quite a few different FMJ and HP rounds.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.