Author Topic: How Often Should You Change Your Concealed Carry Ammo?  (Read 937 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Amateurs study tactics. Professionals study logistics.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
Re: How Often Should You Change Your Concealed Carry Ammo?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 08:49:54 AM »
I make it a practice to leave the round in the chamber when preparing a carry gun for range work. I put in another magazine of practice ammo and fire the first shot with the loaded round. This allows me a slow rotation and avoids risk of setback. Other'n that, not much.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 09:01:52 AM »
I make it a practice to leave the round in the chamber when preparing a carry gun for range work. I put in another magazine of practice ammo and fire the first shot with the loaded round. This allows me a slow rotation and avoids risk of setback. Other'n that, not much.

Same here.

If I plan to dry-fire, I remove the chambered round and it goes into a box with once-chambered rounds. The 'duty' magazine is set aside until it is time to go live.  The next round in the magazine is chambered, the magazine removed, and a fresh 'top' round is inserted to to it off.
Amateurs study tactics. Professionals study logistics.

Beretta Dave

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 04:45:42 AM »
I like to finish my range session with magazine of my carry ammo.  I start off like CR and finish my range session with the last carried magazine.  Then load fresh.
Dave