Author Topic: Homemade semi-automatic pistols illegally produced in China  (Read 1110 times)

RayMich

Homemade semi-automatic pistols illegally produced in China
« on: October 03, 2015, 12:41:03 PM »
Ignorant liberals who think that banning guns will keep guns from the hands of criminals have a rude awakening coming.

If a poor Chinese peasant cam make a semi-automatic pistol in 3 days, we can only imagine how fast a savvy N/C mill operator can crank them out.

The black market in guns will make illegal moonshiners during prohibition look like mere rookies.

Homemade semi-automatic pistols illegally produced in China
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/08/25/homemade-semi-automatic-pistols-illegally-produced-china/

Homemade firearms are widely seized across china, a large number used illegally for pest control and hunting. Notable is the frequency at which handmade semi automatic pistols are encountered, many loosely based on the Type-64 copy of the Walther PPK as well as the Type-77 in use by police and the PLA.

"Assembling a handmade Type 64 takes an experienced gunsmith only two to three days and costs around 300 yuan, yet several transactions by middlemen can push the sales price up to more than 10,000 yuan in places such as Shenzhen, an economic hub in Guangdong province."

[See more HERE]
- Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT and instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Homemade semi-automatic pistols illegally produced in China
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 01:32:48 PM »
I cannot say that this surprises me.  After China disarmed it's people, the people found interesting ways to convert ordinary farm 'implements' into weapons - including themselves.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: Homemade semi-automatic pistols illegally produced in China
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 04:04:29 PM »
Uh, yes.
That is what gave birth to the Martial Arts as we know them.

My understanding is that the Ming Dynasty disarmed the people.   In time the people learned to fight against weapons (that only the government had) with farm implements and bare hands.

The only thing men learn from history is that men don't learn from history.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.