Author Topic: Recommended Nightstand Guns – Part 1  (Read 959 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Recommended Nightstand Guns – Part 1
« on: October 01, 2015, 09:21:12 AM »
I have had numerous nightstand guns over the years. Revolvers and semi-automatic pistols have graced "The Drawer" at one time or another.  While there are many choices for nightstand guns, mine happens to be what I currently carry every day - the Ruger SR1911CMD-A with the standard 7-round (7+1) magazine inserted and two 8-round magazines at the ready. Winchester 230-grain Bonded PDX1TM is the current ammunition of choice.

The linked article provides some excellent choices.

http://www.gundigest.com/guns/recommended-nightstand-guns-part-1
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
Re: Recommended Nightstand Guns – Part 1
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 09:56:31 AM »
Only problem with that article is it makes me want to buy yet another gun!  Nuts!
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 10:01:59 AM »
Only problem with that article is it makes me want to buy yet another gun!  Nuts!

Odds are that it won't be a Glock.  ;D
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

pstan13

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 02:33:44 PM »
One thing I really like about my Glock G27 is that I can have the standard 9 round magazine in the pistol for better concealment and have a couple 15 round magazines for reloading! :D
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
-- Thomas Jefferson

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 03:38:43 PM »
Why would someone want a specially provided "nightstand gun"?
Wouldn't it be more practical to merely keep your EDC in your nightstand, while you sleep? Then, if you need to grab a pistol while waking up to full alertness, the gun in your hand would be thoroughly familiar to you, rather than a weapon with which you have not practiced very often and have to think about using.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prζparet bellum."

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 09:54:55 PM »
No dedicated nightstand gun here.

Nightstand requires too far a reach.

Doesn't happen often, but sometimes I sleep through things like someone entering the house, or the room.
Last thing I want to wake to is a BG standing over me with my own "nightstand gun".

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.