Author Topic: Shall NOT be infringed!!!! it does not mean what he thinks it means  (Read 954 times)

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
http://joshuamark5.com/2015/09/jeb-bush-theres-not-a-national-right-to-gun-ownership/
there is more... and a video....
This past week Jeb Bush was a guest on The Late Show with new host Stephen Colbert when Bush said something that some conservative voters might find shocking.
When Colbert asked the Governor if the Constitution implied a national right to gun ownership, Bush seemed to indicate that he believed each state had the right to legislate gun ownership as they see fit.
Stephen Colbert: Well, the right to have an individual firearm to protect yourself is a national document, in the Constitution, so shouldn’t that also be applied national…
Jeb Bush: No. Not necessarily…There’s a 10th amendment to our country, the Bill of Rights has a 10th amendment that says powers are given to the states to create policy, and the federal government is not the end all and be all. That’s an important value for this country, and it’s an important federalist system that works quite well
Read more at http://joshuamark5.com/2015/09/jeb-bush-theres-not-a-national-right-to-gun-ownership/
Time will tell.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: Shall NOT be infringed!!!! it does not mean what he thinks it means
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 09:48:56 PM »
No problem.
I'm not gonna vote for him any way.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

LEJoe

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 06:27:35 AM »
Me either. Is Pat Paulson still alive?  ;D

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 10:31:58 AM »
Another failure to recognize individual and natural rights to self-defense.  While he has a right to say what he says, I also have the right not to vote for him.

He wasn't on my short (or long) list as a candidate.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

RayMich

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 07:14:03 PM »
He is not getting my vote either. He is only a useful idiot parroting what he has been programmed to say by his masters in the Washington cartel.

He fails to understand the fact that the Constitution does NOT "grant" the right to keep and bear arms, it simply enumerates it as a God Given right that "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".

God given rights can only be revoked by God. States cannot revoke a God given right, regardless of what any of these spineless poli-tic-ians might wish they can do.

POLITICS

POLI = Prefix meaning MANY.

TICS = Blood-sucking animals.

POLITICS = MANY BLOOD-SUCKING ANIMALS.
- Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT and instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 09:08:14 AM »
I went to the range this morning. About 150 rounds of 9mm went downrange out of a CZ 75B pistol.  I put a lot of holes as close to center of the target as possible.  The target was a standard silhouette.  In my mind, and at the least, that is what a sane and responsible gun owner does to help prepare a counter-offense against an insane and irresponsible bad person.

By the way, the CZ 75B is one sweet shooting hand gun.  It was a range gun, but I had forgotten just how nice they are to shoot.  I'm not ready to give up the 1911, though.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.