Author Topic: Applbee's parking lot shoot out! good guys won!  (Read 1010 times)

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
Applbee's parking lot shoot out! good guys won!
« on: December 15, 2011, 08:00:45 PM »
http://oldnortheast.patch.com/articles/applebees-diner-shoots-mugger
there are really 2 story's of good guys here.
Robert
Time will tell.

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
Re: Applbee's parking lot shoot out! good guys won!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 04:44:21 AM »
As Smith got out of the vehicle on the driver's side, he saw the suspect pointing a gun at Tanner. Smith drew his 380-caliber handgun, police said.

He fired at Hauser, striking him
four times. Hauser yelled at Smith to stop shooting. He pulled the mask off his face and claimed the gun he was holding was a "fake."

Police said later that  Hauser's handgun was a loaded, 25-caliber automatic.

After the shooting, Smith flagged down an officer passing in the area, and Hauser was transported to Bayfront Medical Center, where he underwent surgery. He is expected to survive.

Any gun is better than no gun, but it's personal experience and reports like this that leave me believing that a .380 and lesser calibers are just not enough gun for me to bet my life and the lives of my loved ones on...  Flame on...

On Friday, an ATM robber who had pulled a gun on a woman at the Regions Bank walkup teller was surprised by the victim's boyfriend, who jumped out of a vehicle and wrestled him to the ground. The suspect was shot with his own gun.

This guy might want to become a CC'er, don't ya think?
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

GTG

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 08:32:11 AM »
Some of the new 9mm are as compact as .380, 9mm recoil (IMHO) is not bad (the Mrs shoots it fine) I don't see carrying a .380. It would seem the Perp's didn't have situational awareness period. G2G
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

LEJoe

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 09:00:32 AM »
Friends of ours were in that Applebee's when this happened. They said that Mr. Smith said he was walking back to his car to put his gun in the glove box, when the BG came up to them. He was already holding his gun. He was going back and fourth trying to decide wheather or not to take his gun inside. The BG just happened to show up at the instant before Smith locked his weapon up. Wheeew!

Coastie

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 09:43:49 AM »
GGs 2 BG 0...that's the way it always outta be...maybe Smith is a member...