Author Topic: Ruger Introduces the LCR in .327 Federal Magnum  (Read 1161 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

RayMich

Re: Ruger Introduces the LCR in .327 Federal Magnum
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 01:44:30 PM »
I hope they are able to sell a lot of them and are able to recover their R&D investment. But I don't expect it to grab the handgun marked by a storm.

I see the .327 Federal Magnum caliber as just another expensive boutique solution to a non-existing problem. May be good in foreign countries that limit civilian calibers. But I see nothing that couldn't be addressed by a handgun in one of the more popular calibers.

I do wish them the best.  :)
- Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT and instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 02:08:12 PM »
I hope they are able to sell a lot of them and are able to recover their R&D investment. But I don't expect it to grab the handgun marked by a storm.

I see the .327 Federal Magnum caliber as just another expensive boutique solution to a non-existing problem. May be good in foreign countries that limit civilian calibers. But I see nothing that couldn't be addressed by a handgun in one of the more popular calibers.

I do wish them the best.  :)

Agreed. You are correct in saying that some countries do not allow 'military' calibers.

I do wish that Ruger would come out with a SR45 compact - as they did with the SR9c and SR40c.  Us forty-five guys are feeling left out.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

Charles1951

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 05:26:47 PM »
I find this very interesting. I have a LCR in 357 Mag and really like it. I usually use 38 rounds in it but I have the option of the higher power loads if I want them. A female friend of mine is very recoil sensitive but can comfortably shoot an .32 H&R Magnum revolver. The nice thing about a gun chambered for the .327 Federal Mag is that it can take the .32 H&R Mag or even the .32 S&W long or short rounds. The lighter loads can make for fun plinking. Another plus is the extra round you get using this caliber LCR over other calibers of LCR.

One of the main downsides of almost all 32 caliber firearms is availability. They are hard to find. Partly for good reason since they are less effective but for those who need lighter recoil they fill that need. So I hope Ruger will find a way to produce them in numbers that will ensure availability. After all, effectiveness still comes down to shot placement as with any handgun.
Charles

-Texas CHL-*-USAF retired-*-Oath Keeper-*-American Legion-*-NRA-*-IDPA-

============================================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 08:32:01 AM »
Availability.

That is the number one reason my beloved .44 special sits in a steel cabinet now, seldom making it out and about.

If I ever see this caliber on any ammo shelves, I'll post when, where, and how many I see...for the sake of anyone who may be in the market for em.

I do think a well rounded gun enthusiast should have one of everything, so I won't rule it out.  There are however, many other calibers and configurations in line ahead of this one!

YMMV

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.