Author Topic: More on the Revolver vs. Semi-Automatic  (Read 920 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
More on the Revolver vs. Semi-Automatic
« on: September 08, 2015, 09:37:14 AM »
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
Re: More on the Revolver vs. Semi-Automatic
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 10:13:39 AM »
Good article and I'm one who mostly saves revolvers for woods work and semi's for daily carry.  My exception is that at home, on the property, I carry my S&W MP .357 and two reloaders. 
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 05:39:47 AM »
Rather convenient that he forgets the 10mm and .357Sig calibers when discussing (in a reasonable fashion, yes) the power limitations of the semi-auto. I can see him not mentioning semis in .44 and .357 mag calibers because they're rare beasts.

And I think both Glock and Sig--for that matter the original 1911 design made to the original specs--laid the reliability issues firmly to rest. Even the original 1911, as I recall, worked well in Europe and Asia and were not given to flipping out the some mud and blood and beer they were exposed to.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 08:16:01 AM »
Ok.
I just read the article.

Uh, I guess I have no comments about it.
Everything he said, we all knew already, so, eh...ok.

I still love em both.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.