Author Topic: You Showed Me That One Already!  (Read 916 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
You Showed Me That One Already!
« on: July 25, 2015, 10:54:01 AM »
As you may know, and in another thread, I discussed the possible purchase of the Springfield Armory XDs 4.0 9mm.

You may also know by now that I did find a used Beretta CX4 Storm Carbine (review @ http://guntoters.com/blog/2015/07/24/beretta-cx4-storm-a-review-of-his-shortness/).

Well, taking CR's recommendation, I traded a Bersa 45UC Pro for the Springfield Armory XDs 4.0 9mm.  Since I saved a few bucks buying the CX4 Storm, the trade-in made the XDs affordable.

I'm not going to write a review on it, since it would be essentially the same that I did for the .45 version.  However, I will say that the trigger is slightly lighter than the .45 version.

But that is not the point of this post.

My wifey has been wanting to go to the range with me.  Last week, I had her try holding several pistols of mine (Glock Gen 4 G19, Bersa 45 UC Pro, and the Springfield XDs 4.0 45) to get an idea of what I thought would be a good size pistol to let her shoot - one that would be comfortable for her.

This morning, I asked her if she would like to go to the range with me the next morning.  She said yes.  I made safe the XDs 9mm and handed it to her.  What do you think of this one? I asked.

"You showed me that one already!", she exclaimed.

I'm a happy camper; she could not tell the difference between the XDs 9mm and the XDs 45.  Both pistols, with the exception of the obvious bore of the barrel, are nearly identical in appearance.  I said, "Oh yeah, I forgot!"  Needless to say that I walked away with a grin.

Oh, life could be a dream (sh-boom)
If only all my precious plans would come true (sh-boom)
If you would let me spend my whole life lovin' you
Life could be a dream, sweetheart

- Life Could Be  A Dream, The Crew Cuts

;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:31:23 PM by Taurian »
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

LEJoe

Re: You Showed Me That One already!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 12:27:42 PM »
 ;D ;D

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: You Showed Me That One Already!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 07:11:47 AM »
Don't forget a stock of 30rd magazines:

https://www.botach.com/beretta-92f-9mm-30rd-factory-new-magazines/

http://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines/92f-90-two-9mm-30rd-blue.html

Thanks for the links, CR.  I do believe that there is room in the case for a couple of those.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.