Author Topic: SC shooting  (Read 380 times)

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
SC shooting
« on: June 20, 2015, 06:13:58 AM »
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/mike-huckabee-charleston-shooting-couldve-been-prevented-if-church-members-were-armed

The GOP presidential candidate said that the only thing that could have stopped the shooting would have been an armed member of the church. Channeling the NRAs Wayne LaPierre, Huckabee said: It sounds crass, but frankly the best way to stop a bad person with a gun is to have a good person with a weapon that is equal or superior to the one that hes using.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 10:35:57 AM by Robert Harvey »
Time will tell.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: SC shooting
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 12:52:06 PM »
As my wifey said, "It will be a sad day when I can't go out in my backyard without carrying a gun."

While I agree, I do carry when I am in the back yard, or front yard, or side yard.  It is just what I do.  It was a sad day when the first "gun-free" zone was established.  How is that working?

It is a sad, crazy world that we live in. 
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.