Author Topic: Just switched over  (Read 1199 times)

kevinparker21

Just switched over
« on: December 12, 2011, 07:23:38 AM »
I have always carried a XD 40 full size.  I had bought it a few years back before carrying concealed.  Well since Ive been carrying I just got used to it and made the best of it carrying a larger weapon.  Last week I traded it for a Glock 27.  My law enforcement buddies have been giving me a hard time because I used to say a XD was better than a stinkin Glock.  Obviously I was just giving them a hard time but now they are giving it to me good.  Anyways let me say I love my new gun.  It is lighter and easier to conceal. 

Also I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for my XD so if anyone wants to make me an offer for it I am open.  Currently I am using it to house my Glock (not a perfect fit but better than not carrying at all), until my new one comes in. 
I shoot with my family, but most of all I shoot FOR my family.

barnjoer

Re: Just switched over
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 03:18:05 PM »
The Glock is A very good hand gun. I carry A 32 Glock. I have shot several XD hand guns. I would not say 1 is any better than the other. If I had not gotten such A good deal on the Glock I would be carrying A XD. That's just me. Both have there good & bad points, it boils down to one's preference. Both are excellent & reliable hand guns.
John
He Who Expects Nothing Won't Be Deceived!!
TEXAS CHL / NRA /
Carry LOADED Always!!

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 05:20:43 AM »
While they're good, proven guns, I am not a Glock fan.  None the less, good luck with your new weapon.
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

rdpG19

• Some of my Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 05:41:07 AM »
Good luck with your new Glock, enjoy! I love my G19 G3, 1500 rnds and not one problem.
US Navy Veteren
Ruger SP 101 357 3" Barrel
Glock 19 Gen3
Taurus 65 357 mag
Walther PK 380

MilProGuy

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 01:13:54 AM »
Congrats on your new Glock!

I've never owned one, but I know many people who do and they speak very highly of them.

I "cut my teeth" on Taurus handguns back in 1991 when I purchased my first one (a model 85 .38 Special revolver which I still own today.)  Guess you could say I'm "brand loyal" because of the great success I've had with Taurus handguns.
Proud Veteran of the U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired