Author Topic: One-hole drill revisited  (Read 807 times)

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
One-hole drill revisited
« on: January 30, 2015, 05:33:55 AM »
Standard is to try and put five rounds into the same hole. Try this instead:

Five-shot-one-hole drill, but don't use the sights. If you're setting up body and grip correctly and staying on your visual centerline you should be able to surprise yourself about how close you get. You probably should start closer than you usually do, though.

That circle in an IDPA target that looks like you can punch it out? Do just that. Place the target, back off not less than 35 yards and put five round through that hole. No rounds should touch even the edge of the target. Go back as far as you can with this. You might surprise yourself with this as well.

Five-rounds, one hole, but in five point targets. Example: A one-inch shoot-n-see has a little diamond in the center. Put five of those up, punch out the diamonds. Variation: five dots on widely-spaced targets.

Five rounds, one hole but other than standing. From barrier, from under car, sitting down over your shoulder, etc.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: One-hole drill revisited
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 11:03:07 AM »
Good exercise, CR.

By the way, I'm about halfway through Volume 3. Lot's of good info there is and I want to take my time. The "Hinge" un-hinged me for a bit; I'll have to work on that one.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
Re: One-hole drill revisited
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 05:37:52 AM »
Put yourself in a hallway and pivot as if you're getting out of the way of an imaginary sword-thrust down the center of that hallway. That may help make it clearer.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com