Author Topic: alien gear holsters  (Read 15012 times)

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
alien gear holsters
« on: January 28, 2015, 02:00:56 PM »
http://aliengearholsters.com/

just ordered a new holster from Alien Gear, it's the IWB cloak tuck 2.0, there is a little bit of a wait on this holster, but will give opinion of this holster once I receive it and have tested it out for a few days
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 04:58:32 AM by crzyjarmans »
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: alien gear holsters
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 10:35:25 AM »
My Son-in-Law has one and he really likes his for EDC. I've been trying to get his to a T&E review, but he won't give it up.

I guess that we are going to rely on your impressions.  ;D
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

crzyjarmans

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 04:08:40 PM »
Update on the Alien gear cloak tuck 2.0 IWB holster, just received it today and have it on right now, and at first glance, I'm very impressed, comes with alen wrench, and spare parts, I've got it on right now, and extremely comfortable, the firearm fits very well in the holster, I can even hold it upside down and it doesn't fall out, I will ware the holster for a week and give further info at that time, the total cost of this holster with tax and all was $44.83

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 06:23:45 PM »
Update on the Alien gear cloak tuck 2.0 IWB holster, just received it today and have it on right now, and at first glance, I'm very impressed, comes with alen wrench, and spare parts, I've got it on right now, and extremely comfortable, the firearm fits very well in the holster, I can even hold it upside down and it doesn't fall out, I will ware the holster for a week and give further info at that time, the total cost of this holster with tax and all was $44.83

I have been using blue Loctite on all the screws that secures my Crossbreed and other holster like it. I have found that the screws do back out without the Loctite applied.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 06:28:28 PM »
keep us informed. i am interested in the out come
Time will tell.

LEJoe

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 01:49:13 AM »
Me too!

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 05:19:49 AM »
Me thwee! 

crzyjarmans

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 10:47:49 AM »
Tried to do a short video, but not very computer savvy, but I did find one thing that I wish Alien Gear would have done just a little different, that is where the firearm sits in the the holster, the mag release is exposed, I would like that part covered, But so far that's it, extremely comfortable, Taurian, I can understand why your son-in-law wont give it up, some other services Alien Gear offers, if you ever decide to purchase a different firearm, and you would like to use the holster, you can unscrew the plastic part of the holster and send it back and they will send you a new one formed to you knew firearm for $12.88, more info in a week

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 11:15:02 AM »
...that is where the firearm sits in the the holster, the mag release is exposed, I would like that part covered...

[attach=1]That is not uncommon. On both my CBSTs and the SHTF Gear IWB for the Springfield XDs, the mag release is exposed.  I have never had a problem with it being so. Expand the picture to view.

crzyjarmans

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 11:26:26 AM »
I also have a CBST, but I've also have one that's a CBST clone, made hear in Las Vegas, the guy that makes them covers the mag release

crzyjarmans

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 07:35:24 AM »
I've been wearing the Alien gear cloak tuck 2.0 for about a week, I must say, I like it much better than the CBST, the belt I use is just a normal belt, it is by far the must comfortable holster I've ever tried, and I've tried many, with the neoprene lining on the body side of the holster, even with out a under shirt, it's almost like nothing even touching your skin, and at $44.83 total cost, I believe this is the best holster for concealable and comfort, I've worn the holster every waking moment, only taking it off for bed time, the holster once removed retains it shape as if you haven't even tried it on, I would not hesitate to encourage anyone looking for a comfortable IWB holster for a reasonable price to purchase this holster, in fact I have already encouraged a few friends to do just that, I haven't yet had to adjust any tension in the screws, everything seem to stay as is for now, I will be ordering a 2nd for another firearm I have (don't tell my wife  :) )' I hope this info has helped other, and hope if you order one for yourself, you have the same experience I have

Spenson1981

• USAF Missile Maint.
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 04:50:34 AM »
I've been wearing the Alien gear cloak tuck 2.0 for about a week, I must say, I like it much better than the CBST, the belt I use is just a normal belt, it is by far the must comfortable holster I've ever tried, and I've tried many, with the neoprene lining on the body side of the holster, even with out a under shirt, it's almost like nothing even touching your skin, and at $44.83 total cost, I believe this is the best holster for concealable and comfort, I've worn the holster every waking moment, only taking it off for bed time, the holster once removed retains it shape as if you haven't even tried it on, I would not hesitate to encourage anyone looking for a comfortable IWB holster for a reasonable price to purchase this holster, in fact I have already encouraged a few friends to do just that, I haven't yet had to adjust any tension in the screws, everything seem to stay as is for now, I will be ordering a 2nd for another firearm I have (don't tell my wife  :) )' I hope this info has helped other, and hope if you order one for yourself, you have the same experience I have

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on this holster.  I have ordered two of them.  They have a special.  Can't wait to try them!
Thanks again.

crzyjarmans

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 01:28:09 PM »
Ya, wish I would have taken advantage of their two holster deal my self

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 05:41:09 PM »
I'm thinking about taking advantage of the two holster deal!

Sent from phone. Typos possible.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

LEJoe

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 06:38:29 PM »
Just ordered the 2.0 IWB holster. Should be here in 4 to 5 weeks. I didn't go for the two holster deal because I already have other holsters for the Glock 17.

Spenson1981

• USAF Missile Maint.
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 04:00:42 AM »
My holsters just arrived!  I took advantage of the special price they have if you buy two holsters.  I have only worn one of them(for my 1911) for a day but so far very good.  Comfortable, love the adjust-ability, and did I say comfortable! 

crzyjarmans

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 04:20:23 AM »
Saturday will be 3 weeks I've been wearing the holster, still have no issue with it, still very comfortable, I have had to tighten the screws once, but that's it, still feel this is a great product

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 05:37:26 AM »
As I have holsters for my current handguns, and since I am satisfied with them, my twisted logic tells me that I need to purchase a new pistol (a Springfield XD MOD.2 or S&W M&P, perhaps?) for me to purchase an Alien Gear holster for the purpose of T&E ;D

LEJoe

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 12:22:28 PM »
As I have holsters for my current handguns, and since I am satisfied with them, my twisted logic tells me that I need to purchase a new pistol (a Springfield XD MOD.2 or S&W M&P, perhaps?) for me to purchase an Alien Gear holster for the purpose of T&E ;D

I concur young man. Do so without delay!

crzyjarmans

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 04:15:08 AM »
I usually have the same logic, but I've got this voice in my ear telling me, NO! YOU ARE NOT BUYING MORE GUNS" funny thing is? The voice sounds exactly like my wife ???

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 05:04:26 AM »
I usually have the same logic, but I've got this voice in my ear telling me, NO! YOU ARE NOT BUYING MORE GUNS" funny thing is? The voice sounds exactly like my wife ???

Funny how that works!

Due to an old Italian disease, "Laksafundsa", new firearms will not be happening for a bit. As soon as I find substantial work - let the games begin!

LEJoe

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 09:44:05 AM »
Out of pure respect for one of our distinguished members, that seems to be in need, I will personally oversee the collection of any and all contributions in this matter. Come on fellas we have the resources to help this poor man out, so lets not let him down. He needs a new gun and is suffering from some sort of Italian disease to boot, poor guy. So send as much as you can as fast as you can to: "Save the Taurian Foundation", c/o The Manatee River West Coast Bar and Grill, Parrish, Florida. 34219. Now, due to the current economic climate, and for security reasons only, please mark clearly on each mailing: "LEJoe's Tab". The fine folks there will know what to do with the money. With a little luck we should be able to help this man out in a year or two.  8) 

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 11:11:11 AM »
I am so humbled by the actions of this forum that I am beyond words and reduced to tears. My thanks especially go out to LEJoe. Without whom, the "Save the Taurian Foundation" would never have been established and funds diverted to such a worthy cause.

My appreciation cannot be...sniff, sniff...expressed enough...sniff, sniff...

[attachimg=1]

LEJoe

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2015, 07:34:47 PM »
The Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 IWB Holster that I ordered on March 3rd, arrived yesterday. Came in at just 4 weeks. Today was my birthday and we had a house full. Wore the holster all day without being made. My wife had a surprise party for me with about 30 friends from our neighborhood and from our church. Nobody knew that I was pack'en. After one day I have to say that, so far, so good. I took the holster out of the package and put it on. Slid in a loaded full sized Glock 17 and wore it all day, without any adjustments. It has been the most comfortable holster in my collection of holsters that I have. (I've got a dresser drawer full too!) For the price, I am very pleased with it. Thanks go out to crzyjarmans for the review he put out on this holster, and giving me the heads up on this product, as I have never heard of Alien Gear before. I won't repeat what he has already said about it but I will tell you this: Seems to be a good value to me so far.

crzyjarmans

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2015, 04:09:50 AM »
The Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 IWB Holster that I ordered on March 3rd, arrived yesterday. Came in at just 4 weeks. Today was my birthday and we had a house full. Wore the holster all day without being made. My wife had a surprise party for me with about 30 friends from our neighborhood and from our church. Nobody knew that I was pack'en. After one day I have to say that, so far, so good. I took the holster out of the package and put it on. Slid in a loaded full sized Glock 17 and wore it all day, without any adjustments. It has been the most comfortable holster in my collection of holsters that I have. (I've got a dresser drawer full too!) For the price, I am very pleased with it. Thanks go out to crzyjarmans for the review he put out on this holster, and giving me the heads up on this product, as I have never heard of Alien Gear before. I won't repeat what he has already said about it but I will tell you this: Seems to be a good value to me so far.
Thanks for the thanks, only regret I have at this point ? Is I wish I would have taking the two holster deal

oldranger53

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2015, 05:40:44 AM »
I took the plunge this morning, and ordered the 2 holster deal for my beloved PX4SC.

I chose the Cloak Tuck 3.0 for one, and the Cloak Tuck 2.0 for the other.
When they arrive, I'll post pics and first impressions.

Website said 3-4 weeks.  We shall see.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

LEJoe

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2015, 06:26:49 AM »
I doubt if you will be disappointed Wade. Mine has performed very well. Every once in awhile I have to tighten the fasteners a little. Congratulations buddy!

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2015, 06:56:37 AM »
My holsters just arrived!  I took advantage of the special price they have if you buy two holsters.  I have only worn one of them(for my 1911) for a day but so far very good.  Comfortable, love the adjust-ability, and did I say comfortable! 

I am interested in how the holster wears with the 1911; I am especially concerned about the wear with a 1911 with extended controls (thumb safety and/or extended slide lock).  These types of holsters (Alien Gear, Crossbreed, SHTF, and others) seem to work best with pistols that have smooth and minimal external controls; the wear (damage) to the holster backing material is slight.  I have found that folks who carry a 1911 in "Condition 1" do not like sweat shields on their holsters, whether used IWB or OWB. It would seem, that with a layered holster, like the Alien Gear and Galco King Tuk, that the outer layer would eventually wear through over time (and a lot of pistol removal and insertion).

Your thoughts?

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2015, 02:05:30 PM »
The 1911 can be carried in a holster that features a "sweat shield," but it requires that the "sweat shield" be water-formed to the gun so that it immobilizes the pistol's safety lever.
If that is not done, or if, because of the material used to make the "sweat shield," it cannot be done, then the "sweat shield" will invariably move the 1911's safety lever to the "off" position.

"Sweat shields" made of neoprene, of other non-leather materials, or of chrome-tanned (unmoldable) leather, are not compatible, and are unsafe, with the 1911 pistol.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2015, 02:41:05 PM »
The 1911 can be carried in a holster that features a "sweat shield," but it requires that the "sweat shield" be water-formed to the gun so that it immobilizes the pistol's safety lever.
If that is not done, or if, because of the material used to make the "sweat shield," it cannot be done, then the "sweat shield" will invariably move the 1911's safety lever to the "off" position.

"Sweat shields" made of neoprene, of other non-leather materials, or of chrome-tanned (unmoldable) leather, are not compatible, and are unsafe, with the 1911 pistol.

Good to know!  That makes me want to artistically remove the sweat shield on the CBST, although I do have several IWB holster for the 1911 without the sweat shield, they work fine for me, and I always wear a T-shirt or shirt between the pistol and the body anyway.

crzyjarmans

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2015, 02:03:29 PM »
As I carry a 1911 ultra compact, it carries  just fine and very confortable

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 02:10:49 PM »
Check your safety lever. Frequently.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

oldranger53

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 02:54:09 PM »
Well it's been 2 weeks since placing my order for the two holster deal.

I grow anxious now.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2015, 03:07:10 PM »

I grow anxious now.

Ayup! I know the feeling. I'm waiting on a SHTF Gear holster for the Ruger SR1911CMD-A.  It was supposed to be here today. Perhaps, maybe tomorrow. Heavy sigh!

oldranger53

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2015, 03:18:49 PM »

I grow anxious now.

Ayup! I know the feeling. I'm waiting on a SHTF Gear holster for the Ruger SR1911CMD-A.  It was supposed to be here today. Perhaps, maybe tomorrow. Heavy sigh!
S-I-G-H

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2015, 03:33:45 PM »
I received the SHTF Gear Holster in today for the Ruger SR1911CMD (and -A).

I would seem a  shame to perform surgery on a brand new holster, but some things have to be done.  Read the article:

http://guntoters.com/blog/2015/09/05/shtf-gear-holster-1911-commander/

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2015, 04:10:25 PM »
Thank you, Good read.
Time will tell.

oldranger53

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2015, 06:44:54 AM »
Happy days!
Got an email from Alien Gear this morning.
It read that they began building my order (2 holster deal), and would email me again with tracking number, once it ships.

Happy days!

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2015, 06:57:16 AM »
Happy days!
It read that they began building my order (2 holster deal), and would email me again with tracking number, once it ships.

Happy days!
[attachimg=1]

oldranger53

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2015, 07:22:26 AM »
Happy days!

Happy days!
[attachimg=1]
BTW  it's 3 weeks to the day since I ordered the deal.

EDIT: Friday 11 September 2015

Ya know what?  I was wrong about the time frame.  I ordered that 2 holster deal from Alien Gear three weeks ago, TODAY, not on Wednesday.
Sorry.  I get my times and days mixed up sometimes...when there's no "weekend" per se' in the ICE business, every day is like any other day.

So, I'm happier than I was two days ago when...when...ohhh, I forgot what I was going to say!  Ohhhh.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 03:30:56 PM by oldranger53 »

oldranger53

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2015, 09:08:28 PM »
My 2 holsters arrived this afternoon.   I picked them up at the post office when I got in from the road.

Strangely and sadly, relatives began arriving at our house for the funeral tomorrow I told ya'll about.

Can't really enjoy the holster arrival until it's over and they all go home.  I vow to post pics and my initial impressions as soon as possible.

I can say that I'm really glad I got the 2.0 and a 3.0.

They fit very well and I like em.

More to come.

Ciao

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2015, 03:26:32 AM »
Finally, they arrive! Hooray!

LEJoe

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2015, 05:10:35 AM »
It just gets better too!   ;D

oldranger53

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2015, 04:55:03 PM »
Hi, this is a short one, but something that bears a mention.

I've drawn (practice, of course) and reholstered several times with each of the 2 holsters so far.
Each time I've found an issue with the "bat wing" type safety lever on the inboard side of the pistol catching on the extreme upper part of the fabric..."sweat guard"? is it?

Anyway, that's the only negative issue I've seen so far.

Comfort is wonderful.
Fit is superb.

More to come

LEJoe

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2015, 05:11:05 PM »
Can you trim that part away?

oldranger53

« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2015, 08:44:40 PM »
Can you trim that part away?
Thinking about that.

Probably be the only fix I can enact.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2015, 04:10:59 AM »
Hi, this is a short one, but something that bears a mention.

I've drawn (practice, of course) and reholstered several times with each of the 2 holsters so far.
Each time I've found an issue with the "bat wing" type safety lever on the inboard side of the pistol catching on the extreme upper part of the fabric..."sweat guard"? is it?

Anyway, that's the only negative issue I've seen so far.

Comfort is wonderful.
Fit is superb.

More to come

The 'sweat shield' was a major issue with the SHTF Gear and CBST holsters that I had for the 1911, because of the thumb safety.  I had to do surgery to mine and remove the sweat shield.  With that said, and because of the layered and stitched backing of the Alien Gear holster, yours may require not only removal but also re-stitching at the cut line.  If you have access to a cobbler (one who repairs boots and shoes and not who makes pastries), you may be able to remove all of the hardware (shell and clips), perform the surgery, and have everything stitched back together.

While I have hybrid holsters that work well with pistols with no side controls (Glock, Springfield, etc.), I have had to remove the sweat shield on any holster for the 1911.  However, if the sweat shield does not interfere with any of the side controls (aside from holstering), it may be something that you have to live with.

I remove only what material that causes the issue.  Hopefully, you will be able to do that.

I'm sorry that you have to go through this with a new holster.  I have a King Tuk holster, which is layered, and I have the same issue with it.

SHTF Gear Holster with sweat shield
[attach=1]

SHTF Gear Holster After Surgery (removal of the Sweat Shield)
[attach=2]

oldranger53

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2015, 08:54:27 AM »
Right now, I'm thinking seriously about just living with it.

I've already figured out a way to touch the sweat guard with my thumb while holstering, to move it slightly inboard.

It's an extra step, and something to get used to, but unless the issue becomes a dreadful chore, I'll probably leave it as it is.

We shall see.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2015, 09:04:57 AM »
Right now, I'm thinking seriously about just living with it.

I've already figured out a way to touch the sweat guard with my thumb while holstering, to move it slightly inboard.

It's an extra step, and something to get used to, but unless the issue becomes a dreadful chore, I'll probably leave it as it is.

We shall see.

That is the other option, of course.  You can also use the weak side hand to press in on the sweat guard, but I have used your technique on a couple of CBST holsters.  In most cases, the holster backing will mold to the controls on the pistol as it wears in.  Another thought would be to coat the stitches in that area with clear nail polish or some other coating to help prevent wear.

oldranger53

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2015, 04:03:03 PM »
Monday update: Cloak Tuck 2.0 update.

Got a late start this morning, but spent a solid 7 hours on the road and doing the ice thing I do, while wearing the 2.0.

Several things come to mind right now.

First, it is still very comfortable.

Second, it is still exactly where I positioned it this morning.

Once or twice I had to pull my pants up, but never did I need to feel for, or readjust the position of, my weapon.

I got the 2.0 holster with the idea I'd use it for day to day grind, with sweat, battering, all that stuff that happens on the road.  The 3.0, I figured I'd wear for dress or casual or when I may not sweat so much.

Right now I'm thinking it was a good way of thinking.

I'm very happy.

Gotta meet my firewood guy pretty soon.  Then of course I'll have to work again tomorrow, but I PROMISE to get pics up, with more detailed reports ASAP.

Cheers!

LEJoe

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2015, 05:18:32 PM »
"I'm very happy". Wheeew! I was getting worried. Glad you like the holster.

oldranger53

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2015, 06:25:56 PM »
No worries.

I'm a chronic procrastinator.

Good thing temps (and sales) are falling rapidly now.

Before long I'll have beaucoup (sp?) time to write stuff.

Don't know if I'll be doing dry ice to western Montana this winter or not.

LEJoe

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2015, 07:12:57 PM »
We spell it boocoo. We lerned it in skool.   ( INCOMING!)

oldranger53

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2015, 09:31:16 AM »
Day 3 on the road with my 2.0 Cloak Tuck.
Happier and happier as days go by.

Even the sweat guard issue has become a non-issue.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2015, 10:08:06 AM »
Day 3 on the road with my 2.0 Cloak Tuck.
Happier and happier as days go by.

Even the sweat guard issue has become a non-issue.

Adapt and conquer!  ;D