Author Topic: Gear Review - Paracord Survival Gun/Rifle Sling  (Read 851 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Gear Review - Paracord Survival Gun/Rifle Sling
« on: January 09, 2015, 06:06:13 PM »
[attach=1]I thought that I would do a quick write-up on a new product that I discovered.

I was looking for a sling for the Ruger AR-556 and came across this sling in my search on Amazon. This is the 550 lb Paracord Survival 2 Point Gun/Rifle Sling-(Over 25 ft cord)-Adjustable up to 44"in Length-8 Plus Colors.

The sling itself is a standard adjustable web sling in various colors. Additionally, about 25-feet of 550-pound Paracord is woven around the sling and serves as a shoulder pad. The Paracord comes in colors.

For the Ruger Gunsite Scout, I chose the Charcoal Grey and ACU Digital pattern over a black webbing, which fits nicely with the black and grey composite stock and digital scope cover. For the Ruger AR-556, I selected and Olive Drab & Coyote Brown over an olive web sling. Both slings augment the RGS and AR-556 quite well (IMHO).

There are two sling sizes; 1-inch and 1.25-inch. The 1-inch sling fits perfectly on the RGS using 1-inch Blackhawk quick-mount sling swivels (available at Wal-Mart). The 1.25-inch sling fits the 2-inch sling mounts on the AR-556 perfectly (Note that the front sling mount is a QD unit).

There are eight color combinations to chose from. These slings are fully adjustable out to 44-inches.

All hardware is plastic but is heavy and should last over the long haul.

Here are the specs:

• Made from 550 lb Commercial Paracord over Thickest Nylon I could find
  • Extra Thick Nylon Webbing-Rot and Mildew Resistant
  • Designed to fit 1.25" Swivels (NOT included)
  • Webbing can be adjusted for a custom fit (Webbing can be cut and singed with a lighter)
  • Tri-Glides and Loop made from durable medical grade plastic to prevent scratching of Gun
There is over 25ft of 550 lb Commercial Paracord in every sling. The weaved Paracord shoulder pad is about 16" long and about 3/4" thick, and the shoulder pad is 1 3/4" wide. The Paracord is weaved over 2 layers of webbing with a firm core to make a thick, comfortable shoulder pad. The weave is tight to prevent shifting due to use.

If you need a great sling for your short long-gun, this one may fill your needs. Also, they are reasonably priced.

Check them out @ http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PKZGKNG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

See the accompanying pictures

Although they were purchased through Amazon, they were shipped from Para-Cord-Belts in Ishpeming, Michigan.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.