Author Topic: 12 Dead at French publication office  (Read 2210 times)

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

flyover

Re: 12 Dead at French publication office
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 08:23:38 AM »
Had it happened here I am not to sure that our Dear Leader would have labeled it workplace violence.

I saw a "poster" on another site and have not figured out the way to move it here.
It read:

Somewhere a radical muslim  wants to kill you. Somewhere a moderate muslim wants a radical muslim to kill you. 

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 02:13:26 PM »
This outrage occurred because Americans insist on clinging to their guns.
Americans are ready to let blood run in the streets, so cartoonists get killed in France.
It's all America's fault. And guns—let's not forget guns.

If Americans didn't have guns, the world would be a peaceful place, and it would be safe to insult Islam.

"OK, ladies and gentlemen, turn 'em all in." —Diane Feinstein

(Am I being a little too snarky, here?)
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 05:25:29 AM »
They would call us Islamophobes for being concerned.

A phobia is an irrational fear of something.

What more irrational, though? To be concerned about someone who's currently beheading people and selling 8 year olds as sex slaves and putting women in prison for reporting rapes, or to be actually doing those things as the ones we are concerned about are doing?

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

pop pop

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 07:37:23 AM »
I chat on another sight and they are all talking about carrying long guns in the their vehicles and have been for a couple years. I am interested to know how many of you guys do this on a regular basis, if you don't mind posting?

TN. just passed a long arm in vehicle law, last year, that says one can carry a long gun if they have an active  HC Permit. The law does say that the chamber must be empty, however the magazine can be incerted in the gun, and the mag can be loaded.

I do not carry a long gun, either in town or traveling in our RV, but am rethinking my choice. If one did carry a long gun one would need to research each states laws on long gun carry if traveling with it. Glad Gary Slider is putting that info on his website handgunlaws. 

flyover

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 07:57:52 AM »
I have been rethinking carrying a long gun when traveling but where I am located it does seem a bit extreme. But on the other hand, one never knows what is going to happen.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 03:12:25 PM »
...how many of you guys do this on a regular basis, if you don't mind posting?...

Jean and I both have, each, a rifle and a pistol in our cars. Also a backpack, water bottles, and ammunition.
Steve,

pop pop

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 07:05:51 AM »
I wonder if these people, like the ones at that newspaper building in France, will ever take responsability for their own safety. I really don't know the laws in France, but if they have the ability to do it, why not.  As much hostility that has been aimed at them, in the past, you would think they would be serious about personal safety and have some private protection on themselves.

They had some kind of security, because it was reported the gunmen killed the guard, but I guess it is very easy to become complacent over time. Plus the guard may not have been armed. From the film clips those guys were trained and executed their plan of attack pretty well. It was a dumb mistake for one of them to drop his ID though. I think the news is saying they have the 2 gunmen in a standoff situation this morning in Paris.

IMO, we are going to see more and more of this kind of stuff in the US. We have already had the machetie guy and others. Of course, the pres will not call it a terrorist act, it was work place violence, don't all of you know!

flyover

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 07:48:40 AM »
IMO, we are going to see more and more of this kind of stuff in the US. We have already had the machetie guy and others. Of course, the pres will not call it a terrorist act, it was work place violence, don't all of you know!

The Prez has to protect his "Muslim brothers."

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 11:48:41 PM »
I wonder if...people...in France, will ever take responsability for their own safety. I really don't know the laws in France, but if they have the ability to do it, why not...

Although you can own some guns in France, including pistols, you certainly could not take one to work with you without seriously breaking the law. The normal French citizen does not have the legal means to protect himself against killers with guns.
Worse, French cops are (generally speaking) more bullies and cowards than what an American, a Canadian, or a Brit would expect a cop to be.

During the Charlie Hebdo massacre, two pistol-armed Paris flics bicycled up to the building, noted the shooting going on, and left!
Would any American cop do that? I don't think so.
Steve,

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 05:37:20 AM »
I've seen postings elsewhere from someone who works in Paris. He's got a .22 pistol and a shotgun on order, I believe is what he said. He also said that most everyone in the city constitutes prey for the wolves as far as that goes. People in the country are armed and much more inclined to be ready to fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com