Author Topic: Typical: Anti-Second Amendment Lawmaker Arrested With a Gun… While Drunk.  (Read 622 times)

flyover

This is from TTPN or Tea Party News Network www.TPNN.com

I saw this story on Yahoo a couple of times but they pulled it by the time I decided to post it.

Typical: Anti-Second Amendment Lawmaker Arrested With a Gun… While Drunk.

October 23, 2014 By Todd Cefaratti

The mindset of modern liberalism is one of “do as I say, not as I do.” Though we hear so much from the left about supposed tolerance, the left is remains a bastion of intolerance against those ideas they find unfavorable.

Similarly, many of the nation’s top anti-Second Amendment crusaders rely on the Second Amendment for their own protection while working diligently to deny other Americans the same protections.

Michael Bloomberg, for instance, travels the country while preaching about the evils of armed citizens while comfortably surrounded by an armed security detail.

In Missouri, one Democrat lawmaker has been revealed to be a hypocrite as she was recently arrested while reportedly drunk and armed with a 9mm handgun and a spare magazine despite having sponsored several anti-Second Amendment efforts.

Missouri State Senator Jamilah Nasheed is a Democrat who has sponsored several anti-Second Amendment pieces of legislation. This week, the gun-grabber was arrested when she remained in the middle of the street and refused to leave or take a breathalyzer since she, according to police, “smelled strongly of intoxicants.”

When police searched Nasheed, they discovered that she was carrying a 9mm handgun and a spare magazine of ammunition.

Nasheed has claimed that she was not drunk, but that she got arrested to show solidarity with protesters who continue to rant about the shooting death of Michael Brown. Nasheed called the arrest a “message to the protesters that we can protest peacefully and that we must protest peacefully and that we want justice for Michael Brown.”

Nasheed claims that she is a concealed permit holder.

Of course, there is nothing inherently illegal about being drunk and legally carrying a concealed firearm. However, as Nasheed has pushed legislation that violates the rights of other Missouri citizens, including a bill that would have made it mandatory for parents to inform schools if their children are in a house with a firearm, her willingness to embrace her Second Amendment freedoms is certainly hypocritical.