Author Topic: if the battery dies, you could die.  (Read 2117 times)

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
if the battery dies, you could die.
« on: February 20, 2014, 07:41:55 AM »
Just my 2 cents, if the battery dies, you could die.

http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/2014/02/iphone-guns-new-technology-births-smart-gun-destined-transform-industry-video/

The watch’s primary purpose is not to provide accurate time, though it does. The watch makes the gun think. Electronic chips inside the gun and the watch communicate with each other. If the watch is within close reach of the gun, a light on the grip turns green. Fire away. No watch means no green light. The gun becomes a paperweight.
Read more at http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/2014/02/iphone-guns-new-technology-births-smart-gun-destined-transform-industry-video/
Time will tell.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: if the battery dies, you could die.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 11:19:09 AM »
Haven't read the article, but I sure don't like it so far!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

flyover

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:21:45 PM »
No thank you, I don't trust technology all that much. Dead battery or unit has trouble sending or receiving code and you will be the one in trouble when this happens at the worst time.

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 12:32:36 PM »
Proximity sensor .... could have to shoot with the other hand while dragging your partner out of harms way.  Saw that on TV. 

Darn, my watch is on my dresser at home, forgot to put it on this morning.

Fingerprint recognition, darn Band Aid I  Put on the cut on my finger a while ago.

KISS  I don't even want a laser.   :-\

“do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

mjpell

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 04:02:17 PM »
And of course they day after this comes out, the jamming device is sure to be released.
Then its and endless battle to keep up with the updates.

Olcoot

• 2nd Amendment Supporter
    • PhotographicEndeavors
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 05:16:18 PM »
Not on my gun, I like simple and reliable.
Tony

NRA Life Member
Check out my news blog and photography website
tmahb.blogspot.com
photographicendeavors.com

DroidGeorge

• George
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 12:56:25 PM »
I put on an EOtech XPS . The iron sights still co-witness even if the battery were to go. And I put a magpul ACS stock which holds 6 123 batteries. The standard front iron post I replaced with a mep night sight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to.

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 02:30:25 PM »
And of course they day after this comes out, the jamming device is sure to be released.
Then its and endless battle to keep up with the updates.

you know it!
and it will be installed every where.
so your weapon will not work any where.
Time will tell.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 12:12:19 PM »
"At the moment he placed the gun in its holster, it appears that a software hacker discovered a device on a wi-fi network that was seemingly unusual to the hacker. The hacker (yet to be identified) somehow triggered the firing mechanism on the owner's pistol through software manipulation and the gun discharged several times. The owner of the .40 caliber semi-automatic handgun is recovering from several gunshot wounds as, apparently, the hacker unknowingly (it is thought) fired the gun several times. More news at eleven."
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 12:16:23 PM »
Just my 2 cents, if the battery dies, you could die.

http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/2014/02/iphone-guns-new-technology-births-smart-gun-destined-transform-industry-video/

The watch’s primary purpose is not to provide accurate time, though it does. The watch makes the gun think. Electronic chips inside the gun and the watch communicate with each other. If the watch is within close reach of the gun, a light on the grip turns green. Fire away. No watch means no green light. The gun becomes a paperweight.
Read more at http://girlsjustwannahaveguns.com/2014/02/iphone-guns-new-technology-births-smart-gun-destined-transform-industry-video/

Depending on the season, the gun could "fall back" or "spring forward" with the time change. In short, the gun will fire either early or late depending on the season. For those states that do not recognize the time change, the gun will fire normally.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

mjpell

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 02:08:09 PM »
If this is the case, I advise everyone who lives in Indiana to be careful, especially the southern counties, where the time can vary by county!   (the southern counties each decided which timezone they wanted in respects to the DST).