Author Topic: Kel-Tec P-32  (Read 1229 times)

Willful

Kel-Tec P-32
« on: December 27, 2013, 04:51:33 PM »
We're looking into the P-32 because it is small and light, easy to stick in a purse or pocket. Would you like to try talking me out of purchasing one?

Charles1951

Re: Kel-Tec P-32
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 05:57:02 PM »
I don't know about the Kel-Tec P-32 but a lady friend of mine is using a Bersa Thunder 32 acp to take her Texas CHL class. In Texas a 32 caliber is the smallest that can be used to qualify for a CHL. There are not many pistols available in that caliber.
Charles

-Texas CHL-*-USAF retired-*-Oath Keeper-*-American Legion-*-NRA-*-IDPA-

============================================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 07:08:30 PM »
We're looking into the P-32 because it is small and light, easy to stick in a purse or pocket. Would you like to try talking me out of purchasing one?

You're right it is small and light, and easy to stick in a purse or pocket.  And if I thought it was powerful enough to protect my life I'd certainly be carrying one...rather than the big clunker nuisance I do. 

I carry the big awkward clunker... it's bigger and heavier and dictates how it has to be carried...all a pain in the butt...because I know it's powerful enough to do what's necessary to protect my life.

That's the only reason I carry a gun of any sort.  I just wish I didn't have to carry any gun, or was brave enough to carry a little .22/.32/or my .380 but I'm not.  Tried the .380 once.  It wasn't enough.  Luckily I lived to rectify that mistake.

Being the coward that I am I switched to the big clunker.  Darned nuisance, but I was and am afraid not to carry it... Even carry it in my bathing suit!  How stupid is that!!!  Though I do love having the freedom of choice!  Hope your choice works for you!  Heck, with luck, any gun's better than no gun...maybe...sometimes...we hope.
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

Willful

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 07:30:46 PM »
Well, the Taurus model 85 .38 Special +P carried in the concealed carry purse has caused injury to fragile wife due to weight. At 21 oz. unloaded it is too much. If anything is better than nothing when the only option is purse carry we must have the lightest possible. We started with the disappointing TCP, and reliability is a big factor. She is basically back-up for my Kahr CW9. The .38 can still be in play, but not purse carry, maybe ankle or shoulder, perhaps Smart Carry. I guess what I am looking for is someone who can tell me that there are some P-32's out there that haven't failed.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 08:26:00 PM »
Jean is quite good with a full-size .45 ACP M1911, and she is adequate with a 2", .38 Special revolver. But her preferred carry piece is the Kel-Tec P3AT.
It isn't much different from your proposed Kel-Tec .32 pistol.

The major difference is only the slightly larger bullet.

Jean and I have always been great believers in using the largest bullet that we can effectively handle.
Since I can no longer do well with a .45, we both carry .380s.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Willful

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 10:20:24 AM »
I didn't see any major red flags on the P-32 while researching online so we decided to go look for one. As  luck would have it, the first place we went had one in stock, brand new, $250. We just got back from the range and we are smiling from the great experience with our new little friend. Over fifty rounds downrange without a single failure from two types of ammo and better than expected accuracy placed fun on excitement. We are thrilled! She adds, "and it fits nicely in my pocket!" :)

Charles1951

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 12:26:23 PM »
Congrats on the new gun! That was a quick find.
Charles

-Texas CHL-*-USAF retired-*-Oath Keeper-*-American Legion-*-NRA-*-IDPA-

============================================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 02:36:47 PM »
Congrats on the new gun! That was a quick find.

+1!  ;D
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.