Author Topic: 2 A Texas  (Read 878 times)

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
2 A Texas
« on: December 25, 2013, 06:46:31 PM »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/25/is-it-any-safer-to-break-into-a-texas-home-on-christmas-eve-this-guy-found-out/ Is It Any Safer to Break Into a Texas Home on Christmas Eve? This Guy Found Out    Dec. 25, 2013 7:34pm                  Jason HowertonA homeowner in Cedar Hill, Texas, shot a would-be burglar dead after he caught the man trying to break into his house on Christmas Eve.
 Texas Homeowner Shoots Would Be Burglar on Christmas Eve height=300Joshua Slaven (Dallas County Jail) The suspect, identified as 31-year-old Joshua Slaven, was pronounced dead at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, just one minute before it was officially Christmas, according to the Dallas County medical examiner.
The Dallas Morning News reports that the shooting just before midnight after the would-be burglar tried to gain entry into the house through a window.
Investigating detectives said nothing about the case at this points appears to be “unusual.” Cedar Hill spokesman Corky Brown said it seems to be “break in and the homeowner shot the person breaking in.”
Though the homeowner isn’t suspected of committing a crime, Brown said he is being questioned by detectives.
In keeping with standard police procedure, the case will be referred to a grand jury, “which will likely clear the homeowner of any criminal culpability,” the Dallas Morning News notes.
Time will tell.

CedarElm7

Re: 2 A Texas
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 07:04:38 PM »
+1

Glad the homeowner is safe and sound.

It is my hope that incidents like this will continue to be a disincentive to would-be burglars.
Brad

*Texas CHL*  *TSRA*  *NRA*  *SAF*  *GOA*  *NSSF*  Μολών Λαβέ

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 08:58:45 PM »
Stand by.   There's more to this story than meets the eye.
FLASH!  Homeowner MAY have had prior knowledge of the "alleged" break in...
Charges pending

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

CedarElm7

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 05:56:27 AM »
Wow--that story will be interesting to follow, Ranger!

How does one have "prior knowledge" of someone breaking into a home through a window?  Was it a set-up?
Brad

*Texas CHL*  *TSRA*  *NRA*  *SAF*  *GOA*  *NSSF*  Μολών Λαβέ