Author Topic: WOOOHOO!!!  (Read 1385 times)

flyover

WOOOHOO!!!
« on: November 01, 2013, 07:43:12 AM »
I was finally able to score an eight pound keg of Red Dot powder and 2k Cheddite shotgun primers. Oh my poor credit card!

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
Re: WOOOHOO!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 09:53:17 AM »
Good Score!
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 11:37:47 AM »
cool!
Time will tell.

barnjoer

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 06:48:24 PM »
Good Job!!!  What gauge are you loading with the Red Dot. I have never used it. I have used Green Dot for 12 & Blue Dot for 20.
John
He Who Expects Nothing Won't Be Deceived!!
TEXAS CHL / NRA /
Carry LOADED Always!!

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 09:53:03 AM »
this is from another forum about the red dot.

07-29-2011, 08:46 AM 

guysmith guysmith is offline  Senior Member   Join Date: Sep 2008 Location: St. Louis, Missouri  Posts: 3,676       
[/t][/t]
  I use to use Red Dot years ago before I started shooting in competition for just imformal range plinking.  Found it to work well for me and burned clean w/o a lot of burnt powder residue.  I stopped reloading for 45's cause I just couldn't produce enough to feed my compition needs.  Didn't have a progressive press.  If I ever get a progressive press using Red Dot would be one of the powders I would look at using.  Along with TightGroup and Clays I hear good things about them from guys I know that do reload in quantity.   __________________
 Be safe and shoot straight.
 D&D Bren Ten M&P 45 acp, Mitchell Gold Series '95, S/A Champion SS Loaded, Sig P228, S&W 657 41 Magnum.   

#7      08-21-2011, 01:21 AM [/t][/t][/t]

rkammer rkammer is offline  Member   Join Date: Feb 2003  Posts: 689       
[/t] 
  Red Dot is actually my favorite and most accurate powder in my 1911s. I like 4.5gr under a 200gr LSWC at 1.245 OAL.  It's a  great plinking and target load.   __________________
 Ray K
 Orlando, Florida   

#8      08-21-2011, 08:46 AM 

maf maf is offline  Member   Join Date: Jan 2007 Location: Goffstown, NH  Posts: 393       
[/t][/t]
  I used to load Red Dot powder in .45 ACP    I liked 5.0 grains under a 230 LRN. I used to load 5.3 grains under a 230 FMJ. I have never used it for lighter bullets. The accuracy was always very good. The problem I had, was a lot of unburnt flakes after shooting. My clothing would be covered. It also wouldn't meter reliably out of my RCBS uniflow. It wasn't exactly the cleanest powder out there, either.   __________________
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
Time will tell.

flyover

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 11:50:27 AM »
I use Red Dot mainly for light 12 Ga. Loads. One of the is for the old style Winchester AA hulls, 19 gr. Red Dot, 7/8 oz. of #9 shot and a Claybusters Model #CB 4100-12 wad. It is clocked at 1300 FPS at 9400 PSI of pressure.

The load probably wont do that out of  my Mossberg 590A1 with a 20 inch barrel but I use the load for close range drills. It beats using the high priced buckshot loads for all of the practice.

In a pinch I can also use it in some cast bullet loads when or if I run out of Unique powder.