Author Topic: Leather Creek Holsters  (Read 1493 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Leather Creek Holsters
« on: September 21, 2013, 03:17:38 PM »
While at a local gun show today, one item caught my eye.

I have been looking for a "decent" holster to house my Rock Island 1911 Tactical. Normally, I would have been looking for an IWB holster but I have several for the 1911 while I have nay a one for OWB. There are many holsters on the market, but few are chosen, according to the Taurian dictum. I was really considering an OWB holster for those rare occasions when I do carry OWB (but still concealed). I was also thinking about very expensive holsters with lots of lead-time. I really didn't to spend the money nor wait on one, however.

When I first saw this holster in the vendor's display, I was immediately drawn to it. The holster was simplistic in its design; the traditional open-top and two belt slots in lieu of the three belt slots that seems to be common these days. The stitching was excellent, the leather well-finished, and the dual-pattern embossingvery well done. The color was the correct color (a deep, rich bi-tone brown) and the finish buffed to a a high-luster. The holster was well-formed for the firearm and (this particular model) protected the firearm by providing a full-length sheath for the 5" barreled Rock Island 1911 Tactical. The pan-cake style lends itself to concealment better than some holsters and the cant of the holster placed the firearm just where I like it without being too high or low for my taste in holsters.

Although I normally prefer a thumb-break holster for OWB, but when the firearm and holster is to be concealed, I disregard the thumb-break. This holster fit the bill perfectly and I was just tired of plain-Jane holsters with no character. This holster showed fine workmanship and a leather-smith's pride in his work.

The great thing is that you won't be breaking the bank to have one of these on your side.

Leather Creek Holsters  makes a fine product and Walt Sippel was a pleasure to do business with.

You can check his products out @ http://www.leathercreekholsters.com/home.html

The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
Re: Leather Creek Holsters
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 07:21:03 PM »
Good looking holster!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 05:11:47 AM by Tadrian »
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

jtg452

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 10:31:21 AM »
Nice looking tooling.  A classic fish scale pattern, too.  Good to see somebody that does quality old school leather work in these days of kydex this and kydex that.

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 01:04:39 PM »
Nice looking tooling.  A classic fish scale pattern, too.  Good to see somebody that does quality old school leather work in these days of kydex this and kydex that.

Amen!
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

CedarElm7

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 07:58:44 PM »

Ditto that!

Very nice-looking holster, Taurian--congrats.
Brad

*Texas CHL*  *TSRA*  *NRA*  *SAF*  *GOA*  *NSSF*  Μολών Λαβέ