Author Topic: Seeking suggestions for topic areas  (Read 917 times)

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
Seeking suggestions for topic areas
« on: September 20, 2013, 05:15:50 AM »
I feel like I'm running out of ideas whether I really am or not. And I don't know if what I suggest here is what you would like to have chewed on. If there is a topic, a specific drill, an area of training that can be addressed, that you would to see under the general concept of "Things you can do to get better", let me know somehow. Publicly, privately, here, somewhere else. Bring it up and I'll look into following it to see what it eats.

Thank you.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Seeking suggestions for topic areas
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 01:13:01 PM »
Richard;
Here's my suggestion for an interesting lesson series:

The maneuvers that I found most difficult to learn and master were those which required a partial or complete about-face, while at the same time making a quick presentation, and then firing at least one accurate shot when the maneuver was complete.
For a right-handed person, turning fully (or almost fully) around to the right is the most difficult, because that first shot must be fired from an unbalanced position. Usually, there must be a follow-up shot.
Perhaps some further movement should be thrown into the mix, since "getting off of the 'X'" is also an issue. But I'll leave that up to you.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."