Author Topic: Mexican cartels hiring US soldiers as hit men  (Read 1395 times)

Charles1951

Mexican cartels hiring US soldiers as hit men
« on: August 01, 2013, 06:34:57 PM »
This is almost as disturbing as the cops doing armed robbery. We want our police and military to be our heroes. We don't want to be afraid of them or question their integrity.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/01/mexican-cartels-recruiting-hit-men-from-ranks-us-military/
Charles

-Texas CHL-*-USAF retired-*-Oath Keeper-*-American Legion-*-NRA-*-IDPA-

============================================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Mexican cartels hiring US soldiers as hit men
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 08:05:33 PM »
Well, you know, finding good-paying employment is difficult, nowadays, especially for recently-mustered-out military personnel.
These guys were just learning a useful trade for later on, and finding ways to put their US-Government-taught skills to profitable use.
Now, what could be wrong with that?

[/SNARK]
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 06:27:56 AM »
Sounds like the cartels are now doing what Blackwater and their like have been doing for years. 

Law Enforcement and Security are about the only areas where combat military training and experience has any direct application.  It's a tough job market and a tough personal transition.  And it's an addiction...
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

Charles1951

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 12:38:39 PM »
Sounds like the cartels are now doing what Blackwater and their like have been doing for years. 

Law Enforcement and Security are about the only areas where combat military training and experience has any direct application.  It's a tough job market and a tough personal transition.  And it's an addiction...

Now imagine this mindset sent out to find out why you Googled pressure cookers and backpacks.
Charles

-Texas CHL-*-USAF retired-*-Oath Keeper-*-American Legion-*-NRA-*-IDPA-

============================================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 07:17:29 AM »
Well, you know, finding good-paying employment is difficult, nowadays, especially for recently-mustered-out military personnel.
These guys were just learning a useful trade for later on, and finding ways to put their US-Government-taught skills to profitable use.
Now, what could be wrong with that?

[/SNARK]

Nothing wrong, really, when ya consider Burger King and other such jobs waiting for new vets out here in the civilian world.

It's sad but true that it's very hard to being the best in the world and then lowering yourself to just another burger flipper.

I don't blame them.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Rugby PRO

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 04:35:27 AM »
From what I have been reading lately, it's hard to tell law-enforcement from the thugs; the militarization of law-enforcement is becoming an area of concern.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 05:11:47 AM »
From what I have been reading lately, it's hard to tell law-enforcement from the thugs; the militarization of law-enforcement is becoming an area of concern.

+1 A BIG ONE in my opinion!
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.