Author Topic: U.S. Government Plates; Security Forces painted on sides  (Read 2232 times)

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
U.S. Government Plates; Security Forces painted on sides
« on: July 18, 2013, 11:19:23 AM »
Hello,
I've been thinking about posting this sighting for a couple of weeks, since laying eyes on it.
Been reluctant to say anything, but I guess I'll go out on the ice and speak.

A couple of weeks ago while wife and I were driving through Butte, MT; (I think we were going out to eat), we both saw a 1 ton pickup vehicle, 4 wheel drive, new, with US Govt plates, 4 guys inside, and "Security Forces" painted on the sides of the bed.
I was not thinking fast enough to get picture or video of this vehicle, but if I see it again I'll drop everything and try my best to get this thing documented on pixels.
Just wondering if anyone else has seen such a vehicle???
This one looked civilian except for the plates and painting on the sides.
It had plenty of chrome on bumpers, etc... and was new, new, new, big tires (not monster truck style but big just the same), and the guys inside looked young, fit, and trim.  No gun racks were visible.
This was an "official" vehicle with civilian looking guys in it.

I wasn't seeing things.  Wife saw it too.

Anyone else? 
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
Re: U.S. Government Plates; Security Forces painted on sides
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 11:32:44 AM »
Interesting, Keep us posted OldRanger.

Russ
"In God we trust All others pay cash"
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

LEJoe

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 01:30:55 PM »
Yes, please keep us posted. We will be on the lookout around here too.

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 02:09:30 PM »
Haven't seen any around here...yet!  Thanks for posting this and keeping us informed!
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

SARGeek

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 10:00:05 AM »
Strange. Some thoughts & questions:

- Did you get enough of s look to tell if the folks inside were in uniform?
- What color was the truck?

The reason I ask is that the USAF Security Forces patrolled the area where I did Dish NW installs during the tech bubble crash. Dark blue crew cab 4WD pickup with 4 fit young guys (or occasionally a gal or two in the mix) driving the dirt roads. We got to know each other by sight and they would always wave back when I waved hello. They were out doing security for the missile silo sites in the area.

Had a few interactions with them once they got to know me a bit, I also did installs on F.E. Warren AFB where they were based and for a few of their officers living off base. They were always a good source for where the obscure roads were and I have no doubt that if I'd broken down they would have checked it out to ensure I was not up to bad things, but would have been happy to call in help for me too.

Their trucks were unmarked but often had chrome and optional wheels, etc. so as not to stand out too badly, but all of them were Air Force Dark Bluee gloss so if you knew what to look for you spotted them right off.
SARGeek

oldranger53

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 09:15:37 PM »
The truck was black or dark blue.

The guys inside appeared to be in civilian clothes, but I am not 100% about that.

Keeping my eyes open in case it reappears.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Rugby PRO

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

oldranger53

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 09:33:16 AM »
UPDATE:
I have not seen said vehicle, or any like it, since the original post.
Still watching, however.

Stand by