Author Topic: I think this may have been posted before. woman calls police and they are closed  (Read 1326 times)

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCM2h7VLonI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCM2h7VLonI</a>

I bet if she told them she had a shot gun and was going to shoot him into little tinny pieces. and hung up.
the police would have been right out.
Time will tell.

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
I wish this would get a lot more exposure.  This is exactly why our citizens should learn to take care of and protect themselves rather than expecting and depending on the police department for help.

In this case the police department, through no direct fault of its own, is literally useless.  Because of that, a helpless young lady is brutalized.  It's really sad.  I imagine the Chief carries a lot of grief and regret even though it's through no fault of his own. Sad.
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

flyover

4 million dollar reserve is meager??  How much are they paying these guys?  I went to Wiki and looked them up. According to Wiki the county has been shifting to the Democrats over the past 12 years.  Maybe that explains it.

jtg452

I bet if she told them she had a shot gun and was going to shoot him into little tinny pieces. and hung up.
the police would have been right out.

It worked for my Mom when I was a kid.

Our next door neighbor had a nephew that was a doper.  He came over to her house high and she wouldn't let him in, so he wandered over to our house and when Momma wouldn't let him in, he tried to force his way in.  When the back door held, he started looking for another way in- moving from window to window, door to door.  This was the middle of the day, so Momma was home with my little sister (she was about 3 at the time) and Daddy was an hour away at work.  Momma made sure all the doors and windows were locked, broke out the shotgun and the .38 that was kept loaded as a house gun.  Then she called the Sheriff's dept. and told them what was going on.  The dispatcher said it would be about 30 minutes before a deputy could get there.  (At the time, we lived in a tiny community on the other side of the county from the county seat.  the road connecting it was a 2 lane state highway with very few passing zones on it and a pulpwood mill about half way between us.)  That's when my Mom told him that she was alone at home with a 3 year old and she'd already loaded the shotgun.  If the guy broke in, she intended on emptying it into him so they might as well send the coroner, too, because he'd end up breaking in long before the deputy showed up.

Less than 5 minutes later, there were LEO's from 3 different departments (including the local sheriff's dept and the State Troopers) coming down the road.  In 15 minutes, there were 7 police cars in sight of our house and the doper was in the back seat of a patrol car.

SARGeek

Great story!

I imagine that the sense of urgency was suddenly elevated when they realized that instead of a harassment call they might be responding to pick up a body.
SARGeek

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
Great story!

I imagine that the sense of urgency was suddenly elevated when they realized that instead of a harassment call they might be responding to pick up a body.
sad thing was they were not rushing there to save mama and her babies.
they were rushing there to save the dope head from being shot.
they did not care if he broke in and did terrible things they could catch him later.
but if he broke in and would step out into eternity.....
we must stop this atrocity....
Time will tell.

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
A friend had a situation with some guys on his property destroying things and when he called the police, he was given a song and dance about why they couldn't answer the call.  He said, "Fine, whenever you arrive I'm the guy in the yellow shirt and blue jeans with the .357 magnum" then, hung up.  The cops arrived a very short time later almost upsetting their car making the turn into his driveway.
do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times. - Gabe Suarez

pstan13

Great story!

sad thing was they were not rushing there to save mama and her babies.
they were rushing there to save the dope head from being shot.
they did not care if he broke in and did terrible things they could catch him later.
but if he broke in and would step out into eternity.....
we must stop this atrocity....

This is what is really sad! But we know that police are not here to protect us. They are here to investigate crimes and arrest those that commit them.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
-- Thomas Jefferson