Author Topic: What Would You Have Done?  (Read 2383 times)

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
What Would You Have Done?
« on: May 22, 2013, 12:40:53 PM »
I posted this the other day and then removed it because there seemed to be no interest.  I can't seem to forget it so, I'll repost it, especially after a response from CR Williams to the post: http://guntoters.com/index.php/topic,5272.0.html

I think that the car driver is very fortunate the motorcyclist did not try to defend himself.
do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times. - Gabe Suarez

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
Re: What Would You Have Done?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 01:20:15 PM »
I think that the car driver is very fortunate the motorcyclist did not try to defend himself.[/size][/color]
personally I would have waited till he got out and was walking back, then I would have left.. but he had it all on camera, including the tag. that could have been a huge law suit.
Time will tell.

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 03:21:00 PM »
I'm lost.  Is there a link missing or something.  All I get is thrown back to the other thread.  It's been a long hard day so maybe it's just another of my "Duh!" moments.
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »
I'm lost.  Is there a link missing or something.  All I get is thrown back to the other thread.  It's been a long hard day so maybe it's just another of my "Duh!" moments.
No he had posted a video of some guy cutting off a motor cycle (prob two of them) he gets out in a challenging posture and slaps the riders helmet a couple of times and gets back in his car and leaves.
The video link is was not re-posted
Time will tell.

Tadrian

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 04:50:05 PM »
No he had posted a video of some guy cutting off a motor cycle (prob two of them) he gets out in a challenging posture and slaps the riders helmet a couple of times and gets back in his car and leaves.
The video link is was not re-posted

Thanks Robert, that's the part I missed.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 05:45:07 PM »
Hmm?  I thought that it was there, especially since Robert commented on it.

Here it is again.  I think that the car driver is very fortunate the motorcyclist did not try to defend himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yZT6YKY3Jk
do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times. - Gabe Suarez

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 06:40:31 PM »
Hmm?  I thought that it was there, especially since Robert commented on it.

Here it is again.  I think that the car driver is very fortunate the motorcyclist did not try to defend himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yZT6YKY3Jk

:)
Time will tell.

mustang125

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 06:56:03 PM »
And the car driver is not in jail?

Tadrian

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 07:15:28 PM »
I watched it five times before I think I got it.  Listen when the driver gets out of the car.  He says something like "Was-up Wolf"  The motorcyclist says something like "Hey... Brian...".

It may be they knew each other.  May hap the driver is just telling the rider to "cool it".  He had to have seen the camera on the bikers helmet and know he was being taped.  Maybe it was staged.

If the driver's pissed because the biker beat him off the line he's and idiot.  The biker was an idiot of stopping when the driver pulled in front of him, he had open avenues on both side to easily pass the car.  That bike will out run that car, any day.

If it's just the driver is pissed because he got beat off the line he's an idiot acting in anger.  He left himself wide open for getting nailed.  Had he pulled that stunt with some of the riders I knew, he'd be sucking lunch through a straw...maybe at a hospital.   

I wouldn't have done anything because as the biker I'd have left the driver eating my  dust.  I think that qualifies as one of your "stupid people-stupid things" incidents. 

We used to carry old spark plugs in our shirt pocket for guys like him.  At 60 mph flip one over your shoulder and watch the car's windshield. 

I don't see it as a gun incident anyway.  Just my .02 cents.

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 07:40:02 PM »
agreed

Time will tell.

LEJoe

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 05:14:17 AM »
I watched it five times before I think I got it.  Listen when the driver gets out of the car.  He says something like "Was-up Wolf"  The motorcyclist says something like "Hey... Brian...".

It may be they knew each other.  May hap the driver is just telling the rider to "cool it".  He had to have seen the camera on the bikers helmet and know he was being taped.  Maybe it was staged.

If the driver's pissed because the biker beat him off the line he's and idiot.  The biker was an idiot of stopping when the driver pulled in front of him, he had open avenues on both side to easily pass the car.  That bike will out run that car, any day.

If it's just the driver is pissed because he got beat off the line he's an idiot acting in anger.  He left himself wide open for getting nailed.  Had he pulled that stunt with some of the riders I knew, he'd be sucking lunch through a straw...maybe at a hospital.   

I wouldn't have done anything because as the biker I'd have left the driver eating my  dust.  I think that qualifies as one of your "stupid people-stupid things" incidents. 

We used to carry old spark plugs in our shirt pocket for guys like him.  At 60 mph flip one over your shoulder and watch the car's windshield. 

I don't see it as a gun incident anyway.  Just my .02 cents.

+1  I would have been long gone on that bike. You can't shoot someone for being a jerk although maybe those laws will change someday. ::)

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 06:45:13 AM »
watch the video a few times, to me it sounded like the man getting out of the car said WAS UP FOOL!, I couldn't make out what the rider said at all,But I do Believe it was staged, they where sitting at a intersection side by side, and no words where exchanged that I could hear
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe