Author Topic: What will be your next gun?  (Read 10650 times)

Coastie

Re: What will be your next gun?
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2011, 07:33:50 AM »
I carry a Kel-Tec PF-9.  It's a pistol that's often overlooked, and yet Ruger tries so hard to copy Kel-Tec in many variations...

ExInt

• New User
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2011, 08:42:42 AM »
Well, I've been thinking about something like the Governor or the Judge for home defense.  I haven't held or even see one in person but I like the concept.  I've been doing some reading and have heard some pretty negative things so for now I'm not yet ready to buy.  I'm waiting for things to settle a bit.
  On another front, I would like to have a revolver.  Not long ago I rented and shot a  642.  I only got about half way thru a box of target ammo.  The recoil was brutal.  My normal carry is a PM40 that I've put lots of rounds thru but that 642 was way too much. 

Coastie

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2011, 09:26:03 AM »

ExInt

• New User
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2011, 10:35:31 AM »
Thanks for the links.  Pretty much says it's a weak choice for self defense like other tests I've seen.  Sure wouldn't want it for a carry pistol but at very close range (bed to bedroom door/ hallway) and the right ammo it would be effective and maybe better than my other handguns.  Not sold on it yet but it's still on my list.

Coastie

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2011, 10:54:40 AM »
From what I've read on another forum(s), it is proving to be a good weapon.  If I were you, I'd research it a little more.  Maybe a google search, or perhaps even members here have links on news reports where the GG beat the BG using it.  I seem to recall one incident where a GG shot a BG with one and it changed his life!

FlashBack

• ELIMN8U
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2011, 02:07:47 PM »
I've been wanting to add an LC9 and maybe an Sr40C to the lineup sometime and then the Mrs was looking at a FN FNX9 at a show late last summer and I see their coming out with an FNS9 and an FNS40 that have coaught my eye now too so I'm still sorting it out.
Also some form of an AR is on my wish list as well..SR556 or Stag 3 setup for a lefty would be good to go!
Disarming Victims Doesn't Solve Crime.

Charles1951

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2011, 08:27:29 PM »
Stag 3 setup for a lefty would be good to go!

+1 Looking at those, too, for down the road sometime.
Charles

-Texas CHL-*-USAF retired-*-Oath Keeper-*-American Legion-*-NRA-*-IDPA-

============================================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Coastie

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2011, 09:16:39 PM »
According to what I just read in my library (the 'er can)....Stag makes a great lefty...  ;)

MilProGuy

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2011, 01:07:53 AM »
My next handgun will be a Taurus Judge.

I had Judge Public Defender for a while, but traded it for something else.  I have since regretted my decision to do so.

UPDATE:  Just picked up my new Taurus Ultralight Judge with 3 inch barrel!

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 01:37:28 PM by MilProGuy »
Proud Veteran of the U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired