Author Topic: What will be your next gun?  (Read 11166 times)

Charles1951

What will be your next gun?
« on: October 30, 2011, 02:03:27 PM »
I don't think I'm the only person that has come close to being obsessed with finding the perfect gun to meet a particular need. My most recent purchase was a Mossberg 500 Combo 12 gauge. Combo meaning two interchangeable barrels, a hunting/skeet length barrel and a home defense length barrel. I used it yesterday at an IDPA 3-gun match and it performed very well for me.

But actually this the handgun section of the forum so let me get back on topic. My newest particular "need" is for a handgun that will be a big brother to my Walther PPS. I would like to have a gun that is a near match to the manual of arms of the PPS but has a higher round capacity that will make training session run smoother and allow me to run in the popular SSP (Stock Service Pistol) division of IDPA. I have an S&W M&P but the mag release is in a different position and that throws me off in my manipulation of the gun. I was looking at a Glock 19 but I would have the same problem with manipulations of the mag release with it.

Fortunately, last year Walther started producing the PPQ as a replacement for their P99 which has the same style mag release as the PPS. The PPQ uses a double stack magazine so it has a 15 round capacity in 9MM. I was waiting for awhile on it because holster makers were not yet supplying a holster for it. But now there are several options available and I'm almost ready to make my move. I'm thinking just after Christmas. I've read some of the press on the PPQ but would be interested in hearing of anyone's personal experiences with this gun.

But, for the fun of it, I'm interested in what you are looking at for your next gun and why. Afterall, obsessions should be justified.  ;D ;D
Charles

-Texas CHL-*-USAF retired-*-Oath Keeper-*-American Legion-*-NRA-*-IDPA-

============================================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • New User
    • Co-admin of rolepayingtips.com
Re: What will be your next gun?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 03:11:10 PM »
Hmm, next gun? Quite possibly a 22 tactical rifle after reading Synthetic's post this thread (http://guntoters.com/index.php?topic=38.0 )

Next pistol? After shooting the falling in love with Glock's, the next pistol for the house is probably going to be another Glock 22 in .40 cal (4th gen rather then 3rd however) Why? Mainly because sticking with the same model allows for easier transition between the two pistols and the same caliber gives the advantage of shared ammo. (and magazines)

The only reason to go with the 4th gen Glock over third though is for Rosie's sake, (I prefer the trigger on the 3rd gen, it's just smoother,) since she's left handed and wants a pistol she can eject the mag on left handed.
"Lead by example or get out of the way."

25 years of firearms experience, 2 years Army National Guard service, CCing for 1 & 1/2 years and counting.

Member of :
Pink Pistols ( http://pinkpistols.org/ )
Second Amendment Sisters ( http://www.2asisters.org/ )

Charles1951

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 04:56:35 PM »

Next pistol? After shooting the falling in love with Glock's, the next pistol for the house is probably going to be another Glock 22 in .40 cal (4th gen rather then 3rd however) Why? Mainly because sticking with the same model allows for easier transition between the two pistols and the same caliber gives the advantage of shared ammo. (and magazines)

The only reason to go with the 4th gen Glock over third though is for Rosie's sake, (I prefer the trigger on the 3rd gen, it's just smoother,) since she's left handed and wants a pistol she can eject the mag on left handed.

As far as shared magazines, I don't think magazines can be interchanged between 3rd and 4th generation Glocks.

"To utilize the swappable magazine release feature, fourth generation Glock magazines have two notches cut on both sides of the magazine body." Quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock
Charles

Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • New User
    • Co-admin of rolepayingtips.com
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 05:24:34 PM »
"To utilize the swappable magazine release feature, fourth generation Glock magazines have two notches cut on both sides of the magazine body." Quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock

Aye that initially confused me as well, after handling one at the local gun store here's how it works:

The gen 4 Glocks are set up for an ambidextrous magazine ejection so have a notch on both sides of the magazines to accommodate it. This means gen 4 magazines will fit gen 3 pistols without a problem, but gen 3 magazines won't fit gen 4 pistols set up for left handed magazine ejection. (Like Rosies' will be.) So while her magazines will fit my Gen 3 Glock just fine, my gen 3 magazines won't fit her pistol.

The easiest solution we found is to (after getting a 4th gen Glock) switch off my 3 3rd gen magazines for 4th gen, thus making both our magazine sets universally compatible with both pistols.
"Lead by example or get out of the way."

25 years of firearms experience, 2 years Army National Guard service, CCing for 1 & 1/2 years and counting.

Member of :
Pink Pistols ( http://pinkpistols.org/ )
Second Amendment Sisters ( http://www.2asisters.org/ )

Charles1951

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 07:46:16 PM »

The easiest solution we found is to (after getting a 4th gen Glock) switch off my 3 3rd gen magazines for 4th gen, thus making both our magazine sets universally compatible with both pistols.

Ok, yeah. I wondered if that would work. Thanks for clearing that up.
Charles

AR_Rzrback

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 06:19:50 AM »
Next handgun?  Hopefully, a Ruger SR1911 will be showing up in my gun safe soon.
"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him." (Thomas Jefferson)

MRBARRY

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 08:42:33 AM »
My next handgun will be a 1911. The Ruger is a strong contender for a spot in my safe as well.

Coastie

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 09:37:28 AM »
I am sure there will always be another weapon.  But I'm fairly confident that my carry gun(s) are complete.

I've been contemplating a tactical .22 rifle, and have been since they've came out.  The Mossberg Tactical .22 appears to be the most inexpensive, and those like me on a fixed income, inexpensive (but not cheap) works. 
http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=43

Maybe, some day, another 12G as well, should Kel-Tec ever get their new 12g (KSG) online.
http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/preview-kel-tec-shotgun-ksg/

Knowing me and my love for firearms, there will alwayz be another weapon....

SARGeek

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 11:57:20 AM »
The next handgun in our house will be an XDm40 compact. After handling every gun at two different shows and shooting it at the range that is the gun my better half has decided she will carry.

After that I am looking at a 1911 for me as a thinner alternative to my 5" XD45 for daily carry.
SARGeek

Coastie

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 12:06:32 PM »
The next handgun in our house will be an XDm40 compact. After handling every gun at two different shows and shooting it at the range that is the gun my better half has decided she will carry.

After that I am looking at a 1911 for me as a thinner alternative to my 5" XD45 for daily carry.

That's a good weapon.  My brother in law has a SAXD .45 and loves it, as does one of his sons.

Synthetic

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 03:34:43 PM »
FN 5.7 upper for my Rock River AR-15 lower...
Honesty vs Integrity...

Honesty is choosing to make the right decision...
Integrity is choosing to make the right decision even when it hurts...

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards."

Oldwing

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 03:39:08 PM »
Next handgun?  Unless something changes my mind, and I don't think it will, the next pistol I will add to my collection is the Ruger SR40C.  Of course, being a broke down old fat man on a fixed income, i've got to save enough nickles and dimes.  Momma says she's fine with it, as long as I take her to the range regular to shoot her PK380.
Jerry

Texas CHL
CW3, USA, Retired
Ruger LC9
Ruger SR9C
PK380 for the Wife
1950's Marlin 336

vgun

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 06:58:37 PM »
Next gun--man that can get complicated.
 A beretta 92fs or Innox
but a CZ 97BD would be nice but I want a CZ Rami too.
I also need a second gun that shoots 223. I thought about a Ruger mini ranch but the mags are expensive --different format and all--so I've decided to just get another AR.
I had the money saved for the Beretta but I blew it on a great deal on a CZ PO1--I have 2 of them now.
It doesn't really matter what my next gun will be because the minute I get it I'll be on the lookout for the next one

Leonidas

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 09:07:57 PM »
My wish list is long, but living in the Great Roster State of California, the list of available handguns (without going through the complicated "single shot exemption" at a gun store a couple of hundred miles away) is short. I want a pocket 9, and I was set on the Ruger LC9, but I can't say that I like the trigger or the lack of a second strike capability. Can't have a Kimber Solo, even if one could be found. Taurus Millenium Pro PT111 looks interesting, but although I can get the PT45, the 111 is off roster.  Forget any of the Colts; the only small frame 1911 is the Defender, and that is a pricey little piece, and the New Agent single or DAO, are all off roster, as is the Springfield EMP.  What's a guy gotta do to get a single stack 9 for pocket carry that is good to shoot too?

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »
Ruger has just come out with their KSP-242-8, an 8-shot .22 LR revolver based on the SP101 frame. The revolver sports a fully adjustable rear sight, fiber-optic front sight, a 4.2" barrel, and stainless steel construction. It is American-made and, of course, it's a Ruger. MSRP is $675, but I'm sure the street price will be much lower.

I'm looking forward to handling one to see if it's right for me.

Other than the above, I am looking at the Springfield PX9142LP Loaded Champion or the American Classic Commander Model in blued steel. I'm still doing research on these pistols.

The wish list gets larger as the contents of the wallet gets smaller...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 12:31:07 PM by Taurian »
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

SARGeek

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 12:29:35 PM »

That's a good weapon.  My brother in law has a SAXD .45 and loves it, as does one of his sons.

Coastie, I love my XD45 and it's a joy to shoot but it is a big piece to conceal under anything but winter weight gear. Shooting my XD is what got my lady hooked on the idea of the XDm 40 and after the test drive she was sold. It gives me a great deal of comfort to know she can and will look out for herself.
SARGeek

Merlin40

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 08:20:08 PM »
My next weapon? North American Arms .22 magnum.

Former Member of USCCA
USN (RET)
NRA Life Member
Weapons of choice= CZ 75 P07, P09, Mossberg 590
Bushmaster Carbon-15 in 5.56
Mossberg Maverick 88 12 gauge
Professional Zombie Hunter
"I carry a gun, because a cop is too heavy"

kjolly

• Paranormal Investigations & Eliminations
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 06:22:02 AM »
Every gun in my arsenal must serve a purpose.

Next rifle will be the Marlin Camp Carbine. Semiauto 9mm with a 30 round magazine. Better than a black gun for home defense because with a wooden stock it can be used as a club.

Next pistol I hope to be a Desert Eagle. Just because of its looks.
Texas CHL
Bersa 9HC (IDPA)
KT P11 (EDC-2)
SCCY CPX-1 (EDC)
Hi-Point 995 Carbine
CHL a Responsiblity

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 07:01:52 AM »

Next rifle will be the Marlin Camp Carbine. Semiauto 9mm with a 30 round magazine. Better than a black gun for home defense because with a wooden stock it can be used as a club.

I thoroughly enjoyed my Camp 9 and Camp 45 when I had them. The Camp 9 would use magazines from the S&W 59 series of pistols (also out of production since about 1999) and the Camp 45 could use any 8-round 1911 magazine.

Light weight and light recoil made them a handy gun to have around.

Jeff Quinn of Gun Blast did a nice write-up on the Camp 9 (http://www.gunblast.com/Marlin-Camp9.htm)

The Cor-Bon HP seems to be a good round for the Camp 9. I wish that they had been around when I had mine.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

rdpG19

• Some of my Photography
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 07:27:40 AM »
"Silveressa" from what I've read over at the Glock Talk Forum a lot of Gen4's are having problems with slide springs which Glock is fixing (for Free) I believe the newer one made since the problems came up are good but a lot of people that bought Gen4's when they first came out are having to send them back in to get fixed.

I carry a Glock 19 G3 had have had no problems 1000 rnd's so far...

My next gun....Want another 357 Mag Revolver with a 3" barrel, love revolvers, if I shoot to many rounds of 357 at the range my hand hurt for a couple days, but can blast off 5 or 6 of them real fast if need be!
US Navy Veteren
Ruger SP 101 357 3" Barrel
Glock 19 Gen3
Taurus 65 357 mag
Walther PK 380

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 07:46:22 AM »
"Silveressa" from what I've read over at the Glock Talk Forum a lot of Gen4's are having problems with slide springs which Glock is fixing (for Free) I believe the newer one made since the problems came up are good but a lot of people that bought Gen4's when they first came out are having to send them back in to get fixed.

I carry a Glock 19 G3 had have had no problems 1000 rnd's so far...

My next gun....Want another 357 Mag Revolver with a 3" barrel, love revolvers, if I shoot to many rounds of 357 at the range my hand hurt for a couple days, but can blast off 5 or 6 of them real fast if need be!

My GEN4 G19 was among those "affected" by the problem. I didn't have any issues with the pistol before exchanging the RSA with that provided by Glock and the gun functions just fine, thank you.

As for revolvers, I am looking at another Ruger SP101 in .38/.357 3" or the GP100 in 3" configuration. I like the compactness of the SP101 (I have the 2.25" model in .38/.357) but I also like the additional round and weight of the GP100 when trying to control the recoil of full-load .357 rounds - although the SP101 is not bad in that regard either. And, since I have a 4" and 5" GP100, a 3" would fit right in with the family.  ;D

mustang125

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 09:00:16 AM »
My next gun will be the SR1911 I think. I shot one last week and am hooked. I also need a rifle for my daughter who turns 18 in may. I don't know which one will come first.

Coastie

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 09:51:51 AM »

Maybe, but some in mine, although I shoot them from time to time, are simply a collectible. 
Make that Desert Eagle Gold plated and if the SHTF you can use it to barter...

nativeson

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 01:24:31 PM »
Yesterday while perusing my LGS, I noticed this lonely looking Sig P250sc in 9 mm luger.  I picked it up to see how it felt in my hand and the next thing I knew it was in my gun safe.  It really is not my fault if I happen to black-out while holding this little cannon.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are at.
                                                            T. Roosevelt

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 01:39:00 PM »
Yesterday while perusing my LGS, I noticed this lonely looking Sig P250sc in 9 mm luger.  I picked it up to see how it felt in my hand and the next thing I knew it was in my gun safe.  It really is not my fault if I happen to black-out while holding this little cannon.

Funny how those things happen!  ;D

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 02:08:25 PM »
I honestly do not know. I know what I prefer it to be, but not what it will be. Other things must be done before another gun is obtained barring unforeseen circumstances.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

FiveOglock

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 04:21:04 PM »
Prob'ly a G19 to go with it's Big Brother, the G17 Gen3. I'm kind leaning toward the Gen4. I'll have to try one on.  I like the idea of adjustable back-strap, tho the Gen3 G17 fits my hand just right, even with a Hogue Hand-all sleeve. I'm very happy with 9mm, especially the price for practice ammo at WallyWorld. For carry it's packed full of Hydra-Shok 135 JHP.

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
Well I have  Ruger p-90 in .45, and a Taurus pt-145 in .45, and a Ruger sp-101 in .357, So I guess my next gun would be a 9mm of some sort. Mabey a Glock in some high cap configuration. Any Glock suggestions in 9mm ??

Russ
"In God we trust All others pay cash"
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 04:58:49 PM »
Well I have  Ruger p-90 in .45, and a Taurus pt-145 in .45, and a Ruger sp-101 in .357, So I guess my next gun would be a 9mm of some sort. Mabey a Glock in some high cap configuration. Any Glock suggestions in 9mm ??

Russ

G19 is excellent as is the G26 (Baby Glock). If need be, you can use the G17 or G19 magazines in the G26 - or even the high capacity 33 Round magazines. I have the GEN4 G19 and had no problems with it but had Glock send me the replacement RSA anyway. I like the adjustable back strap but did not need to change it from its original configuration. Checkering is good but I have the Handall grip sleeve on my G19 and the Pachmyr on the G26. The G19 will give you 15+1 capacity plus options for 17, 19, or 33. For my G19, I simply bought the magazines for the G17 and installed the spacers on the magazines. I thoroughly shooting all of my Glocks now that I have gotten used to them.

PPK-380

• Ruger SR9 / Sig. P-238
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 05:36:57 PM »
Ummmm? ??? ?....I wasnt aware that I was supposed to be getting another one, thanks for the heads up and I will get back with ya when I decide.I too like that Ruger 1911 but I have to wonder just how often I would carry it and the same goes true for a lot of pistols. I am pretty stuck on my SR9 and Lil' Sig as constant companions.Now Armalite makes a pretty nice 308 in an OD green that would match my M-15 and I would love to have that. I dont really have a single need for the thing but then again I really dont have a need for the M-15 either. But I dont guess a "need" matters in these situations, if the forum says I will have to have another gun then so be it. I am easy that way. :)  As I said I will have to get back with ya about that. I dont know just how well the wife will take the idea that I HAVE to have another gun since I joined another forum but hopefully she will understand. ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 11:47:38 AM by Robert Harvey »
A Handgun Carry Permit may be but a small piece of plastic but it is a HUGE leap in personal and civic responsibilty.

US Army, FL,SC & TN Army National Guard, OIF-3 Vet.

NObama2012

Fear Not for I am with you. Isaiah 41:10

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 06:11:19 PM »
Ayup! I told my wifey that I wanted to buy a new gun. She told me that if I did I would have sex with my wife. Well, if you could have seen the grin that crossed my face! That's when the fight started. Because I'm hard of hearing, I heard sex. She actually said, I would have an ex-wife. Darn it! Another week of starched shorts.

CATM93

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 09:48:17 PM »
I guess my next gun will be a Spanish Model 93 Mauser in 250-3000 Savage.   I started this gun as part of a basic and advanced machining course I took at a local college. I built the mandrels to blue-print the action with, trued the end of the action and lapped the bolt lugs.  I had to do this to get rid of setback in the bolt lug areas.  I will have to send the action out to get it reheat-treated and recarbonized.  I didn't sporterize the rifle, but instead am turning the barrel to have the same profile as the military barrel.  I even threaded the end of the barrel to accept a modern flash suppressor/muzzle break.  Should look like a modern Spanish FR-8.

Twodogs10mm

• Be Prepared the Boy Scout Motto
  • Location: Oregon 5 acres on the east side of the Coburg hills
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2011, 11:17:24 AM »
I honestly do not know. I know what I prefer it to be, but not what it will be. Other things must be done before another gun is obtained barring unforeseen circumstances.
CR  your new avatar is a spitin image of our cat stormy that was with us for 19 years, he's gone now but thanks for bringing back good memories.

I just got my next gun a CZ 75 P-01 love it.  My next next gun will have to wait a while i blew the bank.  I just bought a Kimber SOLO before I bought the CZ love it too(EDC).

When I get the time I will review both.
Kimber Eclipse Custom II 10mm
Kimber Solo
CZ 75 p-01
Firestorm 380
Ruger Redhawk 44 magnum
Marlin 1894 44 mag

I have Two Dogs, but the 10mm is for protection.:)

pop pop

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2011, 06:19:08 AM »
I am looking for a Ruger SR 1911 and thinking of purchasing one of them. I looked at one last week. The gun dealer says, when he gets some he will sell them for 739.00 plus tax. I don't own a 1911 but do have a sig P250 in 45 cal.

Coastie

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2011, 09:02:34 AM »
pop pop.  You ever try to buy a weapon on the Internet and then have it transferred at your local gun shop or FFL holder?  That's the more inexpensive way to buy guns.

These dealers can probably beat your gun shop's price:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php
http://www.impactguns.com/
http://www.galleryofguns.com/GunLocator/locatorstart.asp

I'd be happy to help you locate a FFL holster...in fact...

Go to this web site and find someone with a FFL where you live (or a gun shop is good, but their fee-charges may be higher.)   http://www.impactguns.com/

On this two site is an "FFL Locator". Put down your zip code and see who has a FFL who lives near you. Then contact them and ask "how much they will charge you to transfer a firearm to you?"  Usually its one fee.

Contact them and obtain their FFL license number, and address.  This is so the Internet dealer has their number, which is required by law and knows where to send it.  More than likely the Internet dealer will already have the # and address on file, but it's something you need to do.

Shop on any Internet site, buy the weapon (probably at a much inexpensive price) and order it that way.  You can pay for it with a CC and then give them your FFL holder's information.

Note, unless you live in a state that must charge sales tax, you will be free from those as well.

Any questions?

« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 09:13:58 AM by Coastie »

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2011, 03:26:45 PM »
Ummmm? ??? ?....I wasnt aware that I was supposed to be getting another one, thanks for the heads up and I will get back with ya when I decide.I too like that Ruger 1911 but I have to wonder just how often I would carry it and the same goes true for a lot of pistols. I am pretty stuck on my SR9 and Lil' Sig as constant companions.Now Armalite makes a pretty nice 308 in an OD green that would match my M-15 and I would love to have that. I dont really have a single need for the thing but then again I really dont have a need for the M-15 either. But I dont guess a "need" matters in these situations, if the forum says I will have to have another gun then so be it. I am easy that way. :)  As I said I will have to get back with ya about that. I dont know just how well the wife will take the idea that I HAVE to have another gun since I joined another forum but hopefully she will understand. ;D

New forum - new gun. Makes perfect sense to me!

rdpG19

• Some of my Photography
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2011, 06:02:49 AM »
Charles1951: That  Walther PPS looks just like the Glocks, I like the pistols with no hammers,
Taurian: Did you ever find a Ruger SP 101 357 3" barrel, I'm looking for the same gun, found one on Buds for 469.00, Got another gun show here in Melbourne the 19th of Nov, hopefully will find one there.
US Navy Veteren
Glock 19 Gen3
Taurus 65 357 mag
Walther PK 380

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2011, 06:18:38 AM »
Charles1951: That  Walther PPS looks just like the Glocks, I like the pistols with no hammers,
Taurian: Did you ever find a Ruger SP 101 357 3" barrel, I'm looking for the same gun, found one on Buds for 469.00, Got another gun show here in Melbourne the 19th of Nov, hopefully will find one there.

No, I have not found one yet. But, then again, I have not been looking seriously. I talked with my local gun shop, one that I have done business with for over 20 years and they told me that when I was ready, they would do the search for me.

We also have a gun show coming up and I will be looking there as well.

emelem68

• New User
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 11:00:35 AM »
Not that it will be a carry gun but I am planning on picking up a Ruger Vaquero .45LC.  I've always wanted a six shooter and as well as a coach gun to go along with my Henry Big Boy .44Mag!
Mike

NRA Member
GOA Member
OH, PA & NH CHL/CCW
Sig P220 - .45ACP
Taurus PT709B - 9mm
Ruger .380 LCP

LEJoe

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2011, 11:00:57 AM »
I have Rugers, S&W, Springfield Armory, EAA, Charter Arms and Astra hand guns. While I'm not sure what my next gun will be because I just started living on a fixed income, I think it will have Kimber written on the side of it. ::)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:03:31 PM by LEJoe »

Charles1951

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 09:57:18 PM »

The PPS has similar safe-action trigger and take-down lever but the mag release is very different. Being a single stack, it thinner than a Glock. With a 6 round mag it is about the same height as a Glock 26.
Charles

Mtpilgrim

• New User
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 10:36:27 PM »
Winter is coming and some of the vermin running the streets have lotsa belly fat and thick fluffy coats.... Looks like an auto 45. Being a ruger fan i read good reviews for the p345 . Now to write a letter to Santa.

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 04:25:27 PM »
Well I doubt I will ever be able to afford this gun, It sure is a nice dream.
Nighthawk Tactical 10MM 6" Longslide by Richard Heinie.
My oh My what a nice 1911, I know ammo is scarce and expensive but what a nice weapon.

Russ

http://www.nighthawktactical.com/Heinie-10mm.html

Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

SARGeek

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2011, 04:27:37 PM »
Dang, I'm drooling Russ!

That is some serious gun porn!
SARGeek

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2011, 04:41:03 PM »
Dang, I'm drooling Russ!

That is some serious gun porn!

I hear ya, Too bad I dont have an extra $3200.00 just lying around or I would definately order one.

Russ
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

BoSoxFan

• New User
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2011, 10:48:12 PM »
I currently own nothing but glocks. I would really like a wheel gun, probably a 357 magnum with a 4 or 6 inch barrel or a XD40c.

However before either of those I want to get a Lonewolf conversion barrel for my Glock G23 to 9mm for cheaper practice/sport shooting...

Coastie

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2011, 08:40:06 AM »
You know I mentioned above that I didn't know what weapon would be my next one, but after visiting the AF Base Exchange yesterday, and seeing that they NOW have a new Pistol and Rifle section I may be shopping again, and their prices looked pretty durn inexpensive.  There were numerous people shopping there, and I am sure they could get whatever one wanted and of course pay no sales tax on the purchase.  Pretty good idea and its about time! 

BobC

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2011, 08:58:45 AM »
I'll have to ride out the Base Exchange at MacDill and see if they've added that section.

Twodogs10mm

• Be Prepared the Boy Scout Motto
  • Location: Oregon 5 acres on the east side of the Coburg hills
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2011, 10:39:54 PM »
Well I doubt I will ever be able to afford this gun, It sure is a nice dream.
Nighthawk Tactical 10MM 6" Longslide by Richard Heinie.
My oh My what a nice 1911, I know ammo is scarce and expensive but what a nice weapon.

Russ   
10mm ammo is not that scarce now . it is kind of expensive $20.00 to $50.00 per box of 50.  Cabelas has a good selection and others.  I love my kimber eclipse custom II 10mm. I cant even imagin what the Nighthawk would be like! I did read a review in guns and ammo about it, it looks like an awesome 1911.

http://www.nighthawktactical.com/Heinie-10mm.html
Kimber Eclipse Custom II 10mm
Kimber Solo
CZ 75 p-01
Firestorm 380
Ruger Redhawk 44 magnum
Marlin 1894 44 mag

I have Two Dogs, but the 10mm is for protection.:)

rdpG19

• Some of my Photography
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2011, 03:32:43 AM »
Think I have it down to a Ruger SP101 357 mag 3" barrel, have a gun show in town this weekend, hopefully will be able to find one!
US Navy Veteren
Glock 19 Gen3
Taurus 65 357 mag
Walther PK 380

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2011, 04:07:36 AM »
Think I have it down to a Ruger SP101 357 mag 3" barrel, have a gun show in town this weekend, hopefully will be able to find one!
Nice gun, I bought one this summer. If you get one go to the hogue website and buy a rubber finger groove grips, The factory grips are just to small and with full house .357 ammo you need a good grip.

Russ
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

SAILORDOG

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2011, 07:11:49 PM »
While we're on the subject. I'm in the market again for a LCP NRA version. I like the camo for some odd reason. I had a LCP, but traded that for a LC9. Its either that or a S & W Bodyguard in 380. They look kinda interesting with built in laser. Not sure yet :-\
USN VET. SR9c, LC9, NEW VAQUERO, GP100 just name a few.

Walkafire

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2011, 07:25:36 PM »
I haven't even thought about my next handgun...  (Maybe a Kimber)

The next gun will be a shotgun, hopefully an Over/Under 12 gauge.

Course the next purchase will be a new reloading (progressive) press.

Priorities!  Don't ya know!    ::)

WALK
NRA Certified Instructor

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
Wyatt Earp

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2011, 05:48:52 AM »
The new Ruger SP 101 in .357 with the 4" barrel and better sights is making me drool. 
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

bandrich

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2011, 06:51:19 AM »
I received my CCL last week.  I have carried since then.  First day I carried my Beretta PX4 SC .40  That is a heavy gun as you most likely know and I am not sure (being new at this) if I will get used to it.  I also have a Ruger LCP .380 which is just the opposite being light enough to drop in a pocket and forget you have.  Do I need a 9mm like a cm9 or LC9 is rattleing around in my head.   :-\ :-\

PS. Is there a spell check on this forum?  I am not the best at spelling.   :-[