Author Topic: The NRA meeting in Houston  (Read 1172 times)

Brademan

• Global Moderator
The NRA meeting in Houston
« on: May 03, 2013, 06:17:41 PM »
There are several forums where this note could go.  I chose this one because the NRA is the most 2nd Amendment focused organization there is.

I have finished the first of three days at the Armed Citizens Network booth at the annual NRA meeting.  The Houston convention center is HUGE.  It's great to see so many current members stopping by and, thanks to our President, the number of new folks signing up is EPIC.  I have outdone the numbers from last years' show on the first day alone!

Lots of cool new products and things to check out.  Sarah Palin spoke at the main stage today and several nationally known trainers and makers have come by to chat.  Best of all, one of our board members, Massad Ayoob, is in our booth all three days.  Mas is one of the all time most humble guys, and I'll post up some pictures and soon as I upload them.

If any of you happen to be in Houston for the meeting, stop by our booth, 2411, and say 'what up'?

Brademan
Special Projects Manager - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
www.armedcitizensnetwork.org
Admin - ACLDN Forum
Patron Member - NRA
Aikidoka, Harley owner, steel crafter, shooter, Plain speaker

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
Re: The NRA meeting in Houston
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 06:44:39 PM »
super cool!
Time will tell.

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 03:34:24 AM »
+1
do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times. - Gabe Suarez

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 04:09:29 AM »
Thanks Brademan!  Looking forward to the pic's!
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

mustang125

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 05:48:34 AM »
I wish I could have gone but the schedule is full. :-(

Tadrian

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 06:00:40 AM »
I wish I could have gone but the schedule is full. :-(

I too wish I could have gone but I just rebuilt the Jeep's engine and drive train and the bank account is empty.   :-[
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

pop pop

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 08:53:45 AM »
I think, they will meet in Nashville next year. I live in Mid TN and am looking forward to attending. Been a member of NRA and Armed Citizens Legal Defense Net (360-672-5200) for years. Armed Citizens is a class Org, along with NRA, IMHO. Thanks Brademan.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 09:14:27 AM »
I was trying to convince the company that I am contracting with that a business trip was necessary at our location in Texas. Unfortunately, they did not agree with me. Had I been able to go, I would have been blogging my crooked little fingers off.

I, like others, are looking forward to some pics.

Nashville would be good. I have never been to their shows and would like to attend once before I leave this plane of life. Maybe even meet Hickock45 (and Massad Ayoob once again).

Tadrian, I know what you are going through. I have to re-do some work on my S10 because a leak developed after I replaced the intake manifold gaskets. The vehicle just made it through emissions inspections (the last year it has to be inspected) and I'll be giving it a present for doing so; new brakes, new seat covers, and a new set of tires. "Muley" (a 1989 S10 Blazer) just passed 204,000 miles and I'm hoping to get another year or two out of him. That Ruger 1911CMD that I'm been looking at is going to have to wait for a while.
Amateurs study tactics. Professionals study logistics.

Tadrian

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 09:55:10 AM »
Tadrian, I know what you are going through. I have to re-do some work on my S10 because a leak developed after I replaced the intake manifold gaskets. The vehicle just made it through emissions inspections (the last year it has to be inspected) and I'll be giving it a present for doing so; new brakes, new seat covers, and a new set of tires. "Muley" (a 1989 S10 Blazer) just passed 204,000 miles and I'm hoping to get another year or two out of him. That Ruger 1911CMD that I'm been looking at is going to have to wait for a while.
Next is the RV's Generator Sensors replacement, then new heads on my 240,000 miled Ford F250...just one darned thing after another!  Gives me lots of time to figure out what my next gun will be, and the manufacturers to catch up.