Author Topic: 40 Cal taped to BB Gun  (Read 1591 times)

GTG

40 Cal taped to BB Gun
« on: May 01, 2013, 05:00:15 PM »
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
Re: 40 Cal taped to BB Gun
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 05:38:00 PM »
Nominated himself for "Dumbass of the Year" Award.
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

LEJoe

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 05:42:10 PM »
Nominated himself for "Dumbass of the Year" Award.

And I will second that!  8)

SARGeek

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 08:41:55 PM »
"Hey y'all, hold my beer and watch this!"  ::)
SARGeek

flyover

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 12:39:42 PM »
Definitely a graduate of the Joe Biden School of Gun Handling.   

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 12:47:30 PM »
What an idiot.  Everybody knows that you use a .50 caliber on squirrels.  That's just plain ignorant!  :o
“do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 06:03:26 PM »
Yeah, this guy definitely should not be fooling around with things that go "bang."

Reminds me of a story I heard long ago about a boy who shot a .22 cartridge with a BB gun.
The BB hit the rim of the cartridge, the powder ignited, and the case flew rearward hitting the boy in the eye - putting it out forever. 

Some people shouldn't fool with things that go "bang."
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 08:18:53 PM »
Ignorant people who do not understand the basic precepts of elementary, common-sense physics do not know that, when an unsupported cartridge goes off, it is the case which moves off at a rapid rate, while the heavier bullet stays still.

The foolish child pointed the .22 cartridge away from himself, expecting that the case would remain in place while the bullet would depart.
Of course, the exact opposite happened, which is why the flying case removed his eye.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 03:20:04 AM »
I may have posted this before but, one time I walked up on a kid that had a .22 round wedged between two bricks and was shooting at the base of the round with a BB gun.  Not realizing what was happening at first, I walked up and asked him what he was doing. About that time he actually hit a round setting it off and the casing went whizzing overhead.  I beat feet to get out of there and when at a safe distance around the corner of a garage tried to warn him of the danger.  He didn't want to hear what I had to say and continued with his folly.  I left the area.
“do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 01:56:55 PM »
I been thinking about this guy with the .40 and BB gun.
Somehow I cannot conceive how ANYONE would think that kind of action would produce acceptable results.
All the things I've seen done, or done myself (like shooting trees, railroad tracks, near or into bodies of water, etc...) as a youth, never have I seen or heard of anything as brain-dead as this one.
Hope he figures this one out and never tries similarly stupid things.  Ugh.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 06:18:17 AM »
 :o What I cant believe it didn't work...I thought about it real hard...and it should have worked! well? back to the drawing board
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe