Author Topic: Find An Explosive Container!  (Read 2081 times)

GTG

Find An Explosive Container!
« on: April 17, 2013, 06:07:55 AM »
Evidently the previous property owner had a Explosives License. No one knows how much explosives he buried on his property. He dug some up, loaded his trailer, hit a tree & blew himself to smithereens!

Now the real Idot comes alone. He finds a container (labelled explosives) kicks & beats on it to get it open. He does get it open & has no idea what it is. TNT doesn't look like the Road Runner cartoons. It is about 4 inches long some two inches in a semi-octagon with a hole in the middle. From the TV it looked like clay or ceramic content. It is a wonder he & his girlfriend aren't scattered to the far recesses of the county.  ::) 
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
Re: Find An Explosive Container!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 06:23:10 AM »
Stupid is as stupid does...they were stupidly lucky!
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

flyover

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 08:15:22 AM »
Future Darwin Award Nominee.

Tadrian

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 08:17:05 AM »
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

pstan13

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 08:23:25 AM »
Is there a link somewhere? Not sure what your are writing about.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
-- Thomas Jefferson

Tadrian

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 09:27:07 AM »

nEITHER ARE WE!!!~  ;)

GTG

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 11:02:11 AM »
Lewis Co WA

The guy told his story on the local news program. They showed the chest with the TNT.  :o

300 sticks of TNT

http://www.chronline.com/news/article_ff7aca74-a6cf-11e2-b80f-001a4bcf887a.html
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

Tadrian

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 01:05:05 PM »

NEITHER ARE WE!!!~  ;)

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 04:05:13 AM »
I always enjoy a good dialog with no defined subject.  :-)
“do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 01:24:41 PM »
Ironically, Alfred Nobel discovered that mixing nitroglycerin with diatomaceous earth (earth that contains the remnants of silica) would turn the liquid into a paste, called dynamite. An advantage of dynamite was that it could be cylinder-shaped for insertion into the drilling holes used for mining and tunneling and it was more stable for transportation. Nobel received the American patent number 78,317 for his dynamite in 1867. And, yeah! Alfred Nobel is the same guy who's name is associated with the Nobel Prize for Peace among others.

What is even more ironic is that Nobel developed dynamite after his brother was killed using Nitroglycerine. By 1895 Nobel had developed angina pectoris, and he died of a cerebral hemorrhage at his villa in San Remo, Italy, in 1896. Nitroglycerine, of course, could have saved his life. Nitroglycerin was first used by William Murrell to treat anginal attacks in 1878, with the discovery published in 1878. Nitroglycerin is one of the oldest and most useful drugs for treating and preventing attacks of... angina pectoris.

One of his quotes, we should have heeded: "Hope is nature's veil for hiding truth's nakedness." It also hides the lies of men. I need not go further.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 03:25:08 PM »
One thing that Alfred Nobel didn't hang around long enough to find out: In time, Dynamite will "weep," separating out into diatomaceous earth and nitrogycerin again. At that point, it becomes very unstable, and just about as dangerous to handle as straight nitrogycerin.

And now, with trepidation, I offer Taurian a gentle correction: Diatomaceous earth is not exactly "earth that contains the remnants of silica," but rather it is exclusively the accumulated exoskeletons of deceased diatoms ("...any of various microscopic one-celled or colonial algae...having cell walls of silica...") which collected as primordial seas either receded or dried-up. It's also called "Fullers' Earth," from its use by cloth-dyers (fullers). It is an exceptionally absorbent material.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

g45

• New User
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2013, 11:11:10 AM »
This subject remindes me of the people who look down their barrel to see why the gun did not fire.  ???
If it might be old dynimte don't play with it. It might just send you out of this world with a bang.