Author Topic: What's your choice for CCW?  (Read 28383 times)

Charles1951

What's your choice for CCW?
« on: October 30, 2011, 12:32:16 PM »
A new gun forum would just not be complete without a thread on this topic. Am I right?

For me, I have used the following criteria for my selection.
  • Reliability
  • Since I'm a lefty, it must have ambidextrous mag release as a minimum
  • Highly concealable which to me means small in all three dimensions
  • Use ammo in a caliber that is easy to obtain even during shortages
  • Must not have a manual safety
  • SA like (Glock-like) short travel trigger
  • Recoil low enough that I can shoot it all day for training
My selection based on above criteria is the Walther PPS in 9MM.
Charles

-Texas CHL-*-USAF retired-*-Oath Keeper-*-American Legion-*-NRA-*-IDPA-

============================================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson

nativeson

Re: What's your choice for CCW?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 01:38:18 PM »
I like your criteria, except maybe the left hand part.  My favorite is the Kahr PM9 although I have Glocks, Springfields, Sigs, Berettas and Walthers.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are at.
                                                            T. Roosevelt

Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • New User
    • Co-admin of rolepayingtips.com
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 03:19:36 PM »
I carry a Glock 22 in .40 caliber, with a 15 round magazine with 165 grain hollow points and two spare 15 round mags.

I went with Glock because I wanted a full sized pistol that was high capacity, in a caliber greater then .9mm, (personal preference, really) and with a reliable design that could be operated under extreme stress (both mental and physical) with ease.

Glock fit all these categories, and the trigger safety was the real selling point for me. (In a life and death scenario I don't want to worry about if I've switched a manual safety on/off or if physical impact may jostle it back on. I want it to go bang every time I choose to pull the trigger with nothing impeding that critical action.)

After trying a few handguns (A sig, a Walther and a 1911) the Glock fit my hand most comfortably and was the easiest to operate and take apart for cleaning.

The most important factor in my purchase was reliability, more then anything I needed a gun that I could count on to operate in harsh environments (such as during -30F Vermont winters, or being dropped in the mud during mud season) and would stand up to some unintentional abuse. The Glock met and exceeded that reliability in spades.

As for where I carry it, I prefer a fanny pack style holster mostly because in the summer I like to wear a lot of short one piece dresses/skirts, so traditional concealment holsters don't work. I was using a Tactical .511 select carry pack, (with a medical patch sewn on the front) but it came apart at the seams after only a couple months of usage, so now I'm giving the Taclett a try. (with a Nikkon camera patch sewn on the front) So far no one's looked twice at it, seeming to take it at face value as a camera bag.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:21:22 PM by Silveressa »
"Lead by example or get out of the way."

25 years of firearms experience, 2 years Army National Guard service, CCing for 1 & 1/2 years and counting.

Member of :
Pink Pistols ( http://pinkpistols.org/ )
Second Amendment Sisters ( http://www.2asisters.org/ )

b52ace

• New User
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 03:37:34 PM »
I carry a S&W 642 as a pocket carry.  Sometimes as a BUG.

Otherwise I carry a Glock 23 (.40) IWB.

I use DPX in both.

PPK-380

• Ruger SR9 / Sig. P-238
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 12:37:36 AM »
My graduation from the PPS that I just Had to Have at one time was into a Ruger SR9 which is what I still carry today. It meets all your criteria except the manual safety. I carry a Sig P238 in a pocket holster for a BUG.

After I got my PPS the thugs in this area went on a rampage of sorts and were running in packs of 4 or more. I was also one of the first to get the Walther that shipped with only one mag, a 7 round one. At the time extra mags for those guns were impossible to find anywhere, so that did not help me any either. I simply felt under armed with the PPS.

Once I picked up the SR I felt like it was made for my hands, it felt as good in my hand as the PPS did and has 17 round mags rather than 7 or 8. They also still ship with two mags. The guns are really thin for something with that much capacity, not much thicker at all than the PPS. That was a few years ago and I have since bought the compact version of the SR9 also and just the other day I bought another full size SR9. I like the full size better than the compact because I can shoot it a lot better than I can the compact. It seems that the extra 3/4 inch barrel length does matter, at least to my eyes.

I noticed in your other thread about the mag release on the Walthers and I have to agree. I think that is the fastest mag release design on the market and other than a gun that would drop the mag automatically after the last round (which I doubt anyone would want) I dont think a faster method could be designed.

I did really like my PPS and I miss it but when I do I think about just how often that I would actually carry it and then I dont miss it anymore. 7 or 8 round mags are just never going to compete with 17 IMO. I know a lot of folks are fine with a lower capacity weapon but for me I like having as many as I do at all times. Just like the manual safetys. Some folks dont really care either way like myself while some must have them and some folks wont have them.

It sure is nice to be in America where we not only can defend ourselves but still have choices in how to do so.
A Handgun Carry Permit may be but a small piece of plastic but it is a HUGE leap in personal and civic responsibilty.

US Army, FL,SC & TN Army National Guard, OIF-3 Vet.

NObama2012

Fear Not for I am with you. Isaiah 41:10

Brademan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 06:14:21 AM »
I have a couple of belt slides that I really like; one by Wild Bill and another from Dillon (I believe that it is their IHL line).  Those work for my Glock and 1911's, but I am also a HUGE fan of the CCW Breakaway pants.  I have three pair and they easily conceal (securely, BTW) either of my primary guns, a couple spare mags and the usual keys-wallet-checkbook-knife-misc combo we all seem to lug around. 

I can carry a flashlight if I need to and all that without printing.  They're pretty cool, and now they are making a cargo short version.

I like the DeSantis pocket holster for my J-frame and I am almost never without either the Taurus PT22 or the NAA Black Widow in .22 mag. 

Some folks may think that is a lot to schlep around, but I am definitely of the two is one and one is none, school.
Brademan
Special Projects Manager - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
www.armedcitizensnetwork.org
Admin - ACLDN Forum
Patron Member - NRA
Aikidoka, Harley owner, steel crafter, shooter, Plain speaker

MRBARRY

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 08:36:34 AM »
My main carry for the past several years has been a CZ75 PCR. It carries and conceals comfortably OWB with 14+1 124gr+P GDHPs and is a natural pointer in my hand. Sometimes I'll carry a Inox Beretta Tomcat as a BUG in my weak-side front pocket.

I also have a shoulder holster set-up for a Bersa 380CC that I'll wear for road trips, or when I'm having back troubles, in lieu of the hip holster.

Synthetic

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 03:32:08 PM »
I love my HK P7 PSP 9mm and would have a hard time not having it be my main carry weapon...

Back up gun....Ruger LCR .38 Special
Honesty vs Integrity...

Honesty is choosing to make the right decision...
Integrity is choosing to make the right decision even when it hurts...

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards."

Para Driver

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 06:33:40 PM »
Para P-12 worn 3:00 in a Crossbreed Tupertuck loaded with 230 Gr. Hydra Shoks. BUG is a LCP loaded with WWB flat points and two spare mags. It is in an Uncle Mike's clip holster on my waistband at 3:00. SKS with bandolier in the trunk. Safe full of other options.

Oldwing

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 07:05:22 PM »
During these mild West Texas summers, right, it's usually my LC9, but if I am spending the majority of my time on the scooter, it's the SR9C.  I like the LC, but I do like the option of the 17 + 1 with the 9C.
Jerry

Texas CHL
CW3, USA, Retired
Ruger LC9
Ruger SR9C
PK380 for the Wife
1950's Marlin 336

vgun

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 07:11:11 PM »
Well--the KT P3AT is always in my pocket in a pocket holster--It's mostly just a BUG but sometimes when working I have to leave the primary in the truck--my work can get very wierd and quite physical sometimes and not really conducive to carrying a larger gun.
 Primary carry is usually the XD9SC. Usually IWB but I have a few holsters and sometimes in Summer use a fanny pack.
Sometimes I carry a CZ--75BD,P01 or 75Comp but it's usually the XD because of the higher capacity mags and that sucker is built like a tank--sometimes the CZ's are just to pretty to carry. ;)

barnjoer

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 07:23:09 PM »
Any thing loaded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Glock 32-357 Sig  / Taurus 24/7 40 S&W
John
He Who Expects Nothing Won't Be Deceived!!
TEXAS CHL / NRA /
Carry LOADED Always!!

Granny D

• My armed attack dog
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 07:28:51 PM »
My choice is the KelTec 32. As a female senior with small hands and the beginning of arthritis I find the fit and the recoil great.

Granny D
USAF Vet

rdpG19

• Some of my Photography
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 08:14:46 AM »
IWB invisi tuck by American Holster Co http://americanholstercompany.com/ Glock 19
US Navy Veteren
Ruger SP 101 357 3" Barrel
Glock 19 Gen3
Taurus 65 357 mag
Walther PK 380

Bones

• It's more fun to hide and surprise'm!
  • Now what!?
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 10:05:03 AM »
Right now, I still carry my Stoeger Cougar 8000. Ultra reliable and accurate for a 3.6" brl. and after a couple practice runs, I can field strip it in 5 seconds or less. But....I am thankin' of tradin' it in on somethin' lighter and a tad smaller. :'( I really likes my SR9. Thin, comfortable and totes a buncha bangs, bangs but I usually leave it at the house, cuz I don't wanna give that'n up if I haft to teach some idiot a lesson or 2 (always double tap, ya know). Plus, it's legal fer huntin'. Them deer get purdy dang close at times. 8)
The greatest assimilation of notes ever done on electric guitar, The Star Spangled Banner and Machine Gun II by Jimi Hendrix, were done for those who served with their lives, be they living or deceased. Only an idiot doesn't believe that.

I fish and fart, therefor, I am.

mwm1478

• New User
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 11:51:23 AM »
HK USP Compact 40.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 12:28:01 PM »
My primary EDC rotates around two pistols; the Glock G36 and the Bersa 45UC.

The Glock G36 rides in a Galco King Tuk holster with an offside carry of two magazines with Pierce +2 magazine extensions.

The Bersa 45UC rides in a Cross Breed Super Tuck Deluxe holster with an offside carry of two spare magazines.

The Fobus dual magazine carrier for the Glock G36 serves to hold spare magazines for both pistols, although the Bersa 45UC magazines are slightly looser but, nonetheless, are adequately held in place because of the way the Fobus magazine carrier is designed.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 12:59:07 PM by Taurian »
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

kevinparker21

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 12:52:15 PM »
I carry a SAXD 40 IWB w/Crossbreed Supertuck.  I am looking into going with a subcompact XD 40 but havent decided yet.  Printing is not an issue with about 90% of what I wear but I'm thinking going to a sub compact would take care of that last 10%
I shoot with my family, but most of all I shoot FOR my family.

GTG

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 01:38:02 PM »
HK USP Compact 40.

+1 though in 9mm. Though a Sig fan I like the HK poly frame better (lighter to carry). It has an ambidextrous mag release. It is DA SA & like Sig has a Decocker, but also a Safety. Smart Carry I like the Safety as it would tend to prevent too hasty a trigger when delicate body parts are hung in the balance. GT
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 02:11:39 PM »
My main carry is a Taurus pt-145, but I also like to carry my new Ruger sp-101 in 357 mag.
And sometimes I carry them both, mainly while traveling.

Russ
"In God we trust All others pay cash"
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

hogcowboy

• Rock Hill Ranch
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »
My main squeeze is a .45 Kimber Ultra Carry II carried in a Galco cross draw shoulder holster.  Not for everyone but it works for me and that's what counts.

Merlin40

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 07:57:39 PM »
Glock 23 in a Tagua OWB. One with a thumb snap, and one without. I wear at the 4 o'clock position. I have a 2 mag holder on the off-side. Glock has the 3 lb trigger, and Mepro night sights. It works for me. I also wear a 5.11 duty belt. Belt is as least as important as the holster.
Former Member of USCCA
USN (RET)
NRA Life Member
Weapons of choice= CZ 75 P07, P09, Mossberg 590
Bushmaster Carbon-15 in 5.56
Mossberg Maverick 88 12 gauge
Professional Zombie Hunter
"I carry a gun, because a cop is too heavy"

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 11:10:21 PM »
My 24/7 carry is an AMT .45 Backup in a right-front-pocket holster by Robert Mika. My reload is in the left-side leg pocket of my "cargo" pants.

For more serious social interaction, I carry either a custom-made, Officers'-Model-size M1911, or a Star PD, both in .45 ACP, at 4:00, in the same Bob Mernickle PS6, high-rise, OWB rig. There's a magazine at 8:00, also in a Mernickle rig, and sometimes yet another at the center of my back in a SNICK horizontal carrier.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prśparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 05:15:06 AM »
My 24/7 carry is an AMT .45 Backup in a right-front-pocket holster by Robert Mika. My reload is in the left-side leg pocket of my "cargo" pants.

For more serious social interaction, I carry either a custom-made, Officers'-Model-size M1911, or a Star PD, both in .45 ACP, at 4:00, in the same Bob Mernickle PS6, high-rise, OWB rig. There's a magazine at 8:00, also in a Mernickle rig, and sometimes yet another at the center of my back in a SNICK horizontal carrier.

Ahhh! The Star PD. That brings back memories. One of the best pistols I ever owned. I really hated to give that one up.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

kjolly

• Paranormal Investigations & Eliminations
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 06:11:30 AM »
My favorite, smoothest best shooting gun is the Bersa 9HC Pro which is 17+1. Has never failed in any manner. DA/SA and this is my range gun and favorite to shoot. It is named the "Ghost" due to low recoil and quiet.
My EDC is a KelTec P-11 due to size for concealment and 9mm (12+1). It carries more rounds than much larger guns but it was fun learning to accuratly shoot this DAO semi. It's name is the "Darkness" because unless at the range I hope it is concealed and never sees the light of day.
I also have a SCCY CPX-1 Gen 2 (10+1) that occasionaly alternate for EDC. It is a clone of my P-11 only with a thumb safety. Was walking around a gun show a while back wanting another gun but could not find anything small that I liked better than the P-11 when I found the SCCY. Its name is "Patterson" named after John Henry Patterson who killed the Ghost and the Darkness. Its recoil is not as bad as the P-11 and has a smoother trigger.
Texas CHL
Bersa 9HC (IDPA)
KT P11 (EDC-2)
SCCY CPX-1 (EDC)
Hi-Point 995 Carbine
CHL a Responsiblity

Coastie

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011, 09:54:30 AM »
My favorite, smoothest best shooting gun is the Bersa 9HC Pro which is 17+1. Has never failed in any manner. DA/SA and this is my range gun and favorite to shoot. It is named the "Ghost" due to low recoil and quiet.
My EDC is a KelTec P-11 due to size for concealment and 9mm (12+1). It carries more rounds than much larger guns but it was fun learning to accuratly shoot this DAO semi. It's name is the "Darkness" because unless at the range I hope it is concealed and never sees the light of day.
I also have a SCCY CPX-1 Gen 2 (10+1) that occasionaly alternate for EDC. It is a clone of my P-11 only with a thumb safety. Was walking around a gun show a while back wanting another gun but could not find anything small that I liked better than the P-11 when I found the SCCY. Its name is "Patterson" named after John Henry Patterson who killed the Ghost and the Darkness. Its recoil is not as bad as the P-11 and has a smoother trigger.

SCCY CPX-1 is a fine weapon...now that it's been tweaked.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 01:29:18 PM »
I run a plain ol' Glock 19 with an RMR most days.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Skip

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2011, 01:51:58 PM »
I carry a S&W M&Pc 9 in a Crossbreed Supertuck holster carried at 8:30 (I 'm LH, of course). Very comfortable and concealable rig for me.

Skip

gunguy

• New User
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2011, 04:10:59 PM »
My best friend is a Kahr MK40. She lives in my left front pocket in a superfly without the velcro attached cover.
Ez to carry and bring into action if needed.
Gunguy
Get a Kahr and learn how to drive it!!

Leonidas

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 05:05:02 PM »

Really? I saw one just the other day and was checking it out on the net as a possible purse gun for my daughter--but I found an awful lot of bad reviews.  I've been leaning more towards Bersa or Millenium Pro compact 9 for reliability and comfortable shooting.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 05:59:53 PM »

Really? I saw one just the other day and was checking it out on the net as a possible purse gun for my daughter--but I found an awful lot of bad reviews.  I've been leaning more towards Bersa or Millenium Pro compact 9 for reliability and comfortable shooting.

I can attest to the Bersa and I would not discount the new S&W Sigma series. Some people have bad-mouthed them, and they did have some issues in the early days. Smith seems to have listened and corrected their errors.

Having shot one, I can say that it is a good pistol, reliable, and comfortable to shoot. The heavy trigger (about 9 pounds according to my scale and the gun that I shot), it may seem heavy but the trigger is smooth throughout its pull. It is slightly narrower than the Glock G19 in the grip area and has a shorter reach to the trigger than the Glock, which might be better for smaller hands. Jeff at Gun Blast did a nice review on them: http://www.gunblast.com/SWSigma9.htm

My Son-in-Law has the 809B and loves it, but it is a pretty substantial sized handgun to try and conceal. He has had zero problems out of it, as compared to the 945 that he bought that has been plagued with extractor problems.

Just some thoughts.

I was pretty skeptical about them at first, as they are a Glock knock-off, as are many others.

PPK-380

• Ruger SR9 / Sig. P-238
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2011, 02:39:19 PM »
I run a plain ol' Glock 19 with an RMR most days.

BO-RING Richard, simply BO-RING ;D
A Handgun Carry Permit may be but a small piece of plastic but it is a HUGE leap in personal and civic responsibilty.

US Army, FL,SC & TN Army National Guard, OIF-3 Vet.

NObama2012

Fear Not for I am with you. Isaiah 41:10

evoman

• New User
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2011, 08:19:39 PM »
Kimber Pro Covert in a Crossbreed Supertuck, Kahr PM45 as a bug.

alwayscarry

• New User
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2011, 04:30:25 AM »
well rigt now its a taurus pt 145 mill pro and I also have a 1911 I carry sometimes but the mill pro is much more easy to ccw plus its a 10 +1 in 45 so I count that as a plus ;D
PREPARE FOR THE WORST; HOPE FOR THE BEST

chiefrcd

• Retired Deputy Fire Chief/Fire Marshal
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2011, 05:31:36 PM »
My current guns are a Para .45 LDA CW in stainless, a Colt 1911 ( see avatar ) or a Sig.232 loaded with Buffalo Bore.  I was issued a Sig.220 so i was use to carrying a big gun every day.  I really like Tucker Silent Thunder IWB holsters and have one for each gun.
Have Gun ~ Will Carry
S-Safety
M-Motivation
A-Awareness
R-Responsibility
T-Training

Fighting for our Constitution, feel free to join in.

emelem68

• New User
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2011, 11:02:48 AM »
I carry a Taurus 709 Slim and a Bersa .380 CC as my BUG.
Mike

NRA Member
GOA Member
OH, PA & NH CHL/CCW
Sig P220 - .45ACP
Taurus PT709B - 9mm
Ruger .380 LCP

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2011, 03:53:54 PM »
I carried my Ruger SP101, 2-1/4" .357 magnum in a CBST holster today. Just something different. I had forgotten how well, and comfortable, this gun carries. Loaded with Remington .38 Special + P Golden Saber 125-Grain HPJ ammunition, it is also comforting. Carried with 2 speed-loaders and 2 speed strips adds to the comfort level.

The SP101 weighs (27 oz.) close to the Glock G36 (26.97 oz.) and Bersa 45UC (27 oz.) that I have been carrying so weight is not an issue.

It makes me want to take a serious search for the 3" version of this gun.
  • Reliability: Excellent
  • Cylinder release: Can be operated left (trigger finger) or right handed (Thumb). That's ambidextrous, isn't it?
  • Ammunition: .38 special from standard to +P+/.357 magnum - easily obtained or hand-loaded. Yes, there are only five rounds in the cyclinder - but they are good rounds.
  • Manual Safety: Trigger finger. Beside, nobody named "Manuel" is getting close to my gun.
  • Trigger: DA/SA (Glock-like feel in SA mode with a little bit more slack)
  • Recoil: Yes, it has recoil. Good grips like the Pachmyr helps in the "felt recoil" department.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 05:27:43 PM by Taurian »

RacerRon

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2011, 04:32:34 PM »
RMR equipped Glock 19 for me. Wife is packin' a Glock 26 with a Crimson trace that is soon to be removed in favor of an RMR.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2011, 04:34:43 PM »
Taurian I love my sp-101. I did buy the 3.06 inch barrel model and I am glad I did. It still conceals great. I have a CBST too and sometimes I use my bellyband.

Russ
"In God we trust All others pay cash"
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

glock19shooter

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2011, 05:04:25 PM »
My main carry is a Glock 19 in a Crossbreed Supertuck. When I want something smaller I carry a Kahr PM9 in a pocket holster.

Carl

pafindr

• Christus nos liberavit
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2011, 05:11:31 PM »
I carry an XDm 9mm 3.8" 19 round w/Remington GoldenSaber JHP 124 grain.
I use a IWB holster that I made that's similar to the Crossbreed Supertuck.
Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten.

ogre

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2011, 04:15:34 PM »
Glock 23, MTAC, 2 mags total loaded with 180gr Federal HST's. ;)
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Shawn Hoyle

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2011, 05:22:55 PM »
I'm carrying a Kahr CW9 7+1 IWB w/2-7 rd. reloads and a P380 w/ CT Laserguard in a Desantis Super Fly. They both like Hornaday CD.
USAF
NRA
ACLDN
NAGR
CST

ďFreedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didnít pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

-Ronald Reagan

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

jtg452

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2011, 07:59:08 PM »
Para Ordnance P.13 .45 in a Don Hume PCCH IWB holster. The matching  spare mag pouch was made by Bianchi

OR
A Rossi 720c (fixed sights, DAO) 5 shot .44 Special wheelgun with a 3 inch full underlug barrel in a Don Hume 715 IWB holster.  The speedloaders go in a coat or pants pocket

OR
A Beretta Tomcat .32ACP in a- you guessed it- a Don Hume 715 IWB holster.  This spare mag pouch is made by Don Hume.

Occasionally, I change up and carry a FN (NOT Browning) Hi Power in a Don Hume PCCH IWB holster and the spare mag goes in a Hume mag pouch on the off side or one of my Colt Combat Commanders (I've got one in .45, 9mm and I'm in the process of adding one in .38 Super) in the same holster that I use for the Para and use a single stack mag pouch from Don Hume.

rick c

• New User
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2011, 05:49:33 PM »
have always carried s&w but bought a kahr MK9 two yrs ago and it has been my primary since,xtra mag of course but very reliable.

phil-billy

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2011, 03:44:25 AM »
Well, lets see..either a Colt 1911, Sig 220, Bersa thunder, Bersa .45 uc, Beretta .40 px4 storm, a ppk/s.380, or maybe a xdsc, 9mm. or perhaps today a Colt .38 agent....I am so fickle, can't make up my mind sometimes.
guns, church, the Harley and my O.L.

Coastie

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2011, 09:40:21 AM »
Well, lets see..either a Colt 1911, Sig 220, Bersa thunder, Bersa .45 uc, Beretta .40 px4 storm, a ppk/s.380, or maybe a xdsc, 9mm. or perhaps today a Colt .38 agent....I am so fickle, can't make up my mind sometimes.

Ya think?  But I see your eyes are larger than your wallet, and that a common disease amongst gun lovers...unfortunatly it stays with us forever :-\

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2011, 10:24:48 AM »

Ya think?  But I see your eyes are larger than your wallet, and that a common disease amongst gun lovers...unfortunatly it stays with us forever :-\

Or, until your wife says that it doesn't.  ;D

Coastie

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »

Or, until your wife says that it doesn't.  ;D

Yes the wife does play a part, if one is married.  R U Phil? 

phil-billy

« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2011, 04:29:05 PM »
Nope, been happily divorced for the last 22 years.  The O.L. I reference to, is the g-friend.  No, that doesn't stand for Glock either.  This is why I can buy what I want when I want and not get any grief for it.  Very few married guys can do that I might add.  And if they do, they're wives don't know about it.  Oh yeah,  The O.L.'s name is Jean.  I better put that down here.  She is contemplating joining this group. :-X   Jean carries a Glock 26, but is looking for something more concealable.  She thinks the 26 is to thick for carry.  I might add that she has not found a comfortable method to carry as well.  I have tried everything from ABH to smart carry.  So, today I recommended one of the new generation 9mm.s like the slim 709 or something comparable.  Maybe a LCP.  I don't know anymore.  Any suggestions would be welcome.  PB out.

Coastie

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2011, 04:33:58 PM »
O.L?  Hmm I see taps a'comin' your way waaaay too soon....;) 

Hit the magazine rack and buy a firearms annual and look through that...and then buy!

Some married guys have too many rods in the fire...IYKWIM

phil-billy

« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2011, 04:40:13 PM »
No, that won't work.  Jean has to have the gun in her hand before she will consider another purchase.  That means we will have to hope the range has one like it to rent. It took a lot of range time for her to get good with the 26. I told her the permit was a waste of time since she hardly ever carries.  She agreed.  But she also said that she would consider another gun, which is a good start.

Coastie

« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2011, 04:54:58 PM »
So buy the mag study study it with her (pillow talk ya know), and visit all the forums - there's also a LCP forum - check my new Training facilities post in the CW board for the address and THEN visit a gun store or range.

phil-billy

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2011, 05:03:20 PM »
So buy the mag study study it with her (pillow talk ya know), and visit all the forums - there's also a LCP forum - check my new Training facilities post in the CW board for the address and THEN visit a gun store or range.
Thanks Michael.  I must get her on this forum.  There aren't many ladies here are there?

Coastie

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2011, 05:14:03 PM »
Not counting dpenguin, whos the IT Tech and Silveressa whos a mod (but still a member) there are two others (or may be more!?).  Yes please do!  I also know a Colo. lady, a FB friend I'm trying to get here as well.  She need education  ..