Author Topic: Proof: Europe Has Lost its Collective Mind  (Read 1481 times)

Shoot2Stop

• Have Gun will Soon Travel
Proof: Europe Has Lost its Collective Mind
« on: November 20, 2011, 08:05:34 AM »
It's now illegal, in Europe, to claim drinking water can reduce dehydration. Think we're next? :(

Brussels bureaucrats were ridiculed yesterday after banning drink manufacturers from claiming that water can prevent dehydration.

EU officials concluded that, following a three-year investigation, there was no evidence to prove the previously undisputed fact.

Producers of bottled water are now forbidden by law from making the claim and will face a two-year jail sentence if they defy the edict, which comes into force in the UK next month.

Last night, critics claimed the EU was at odds with both science and common sense. Conservative MEP Roger Helmer said: “This is stupidity writ large.

“The euro is burning, the EU is falling apart and yet here they are: highly-paid, highly-pensioned officials worrying about the obvious qualities of water and trying to deny us the right to say what is patently true.

“If ever there were an episode which demonstrates the folly of the great European project then this is it.”
More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8897662/EU-bans-claim-that-water-can-prevent-dehydration.html

I fear not a whit for myself, but I fear to the bottom of my soul for my county's future. -S2S
If you think George Washington would disagree with you, you're probably on the wrong side.

NRA & GOA Lifer. Constitutional Extremist

Coastie

Re: Proof: Europe Has Lost its Collective Mind
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 10:30:06 AM »
That's sad....so what next?

hogcowboy

• Rock Hill Ranch
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 10:32:09 AM »
Will they are right.  You have to "drink" the water to keep from dehydrating.  ;D

Bill MO

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 03:24:10 PM »
If they really believe this crap then they should not be drinking the stuff. Remove all water from their presence. We'll see if they still think the same in 3 days.
"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

"If you are not training in “the reality of the fight” you are training to a lower standard." Roger Phillips

"It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby." reinman45

Leonidas

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 10:03:55 PM »
I read on another forum that the groound water in Belgium is so polluted that it smells like what your dog left in the neighbor's yard and is about as healthy.  That's why there are more breweries in Belgium than anywhere else.  So at least for Belgium , the water will cause massive dehydration and explosive bowel evacuations.

FiveOglock

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 04:43:31 AM »
That's sad....so what next?
          2+2=5

SARGeek

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 08:27:51 AM »
If they really believe this crap then they should not be drinking the stuff. Remove all water from their presence. We'll see if they still think the same in 3 days.

I like this idea!
SARGeek

Coastie

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 08:36:14 AM »
I read on another forum that the groound water in Belgium is so polluted that it smells like what your dog left in the neighbor's yard and is about as healthy.  That's why there are more breweries in Belgium than anywhere else.  So at least for Belgium , the water will cause massive dehydration and explosive bowel evacuations.

Like Mexico where is you want water you take your own.  Another brother-in-law and one of my sisters were married (in the 70s), and they went to Mexico for their honeymoon (they drove...)  They took 10 gallons on water in blue gallon tanks.  They had a good time.

Me, when I used to visit Mexico I just drank the beer as it was much tastier than water or such...and easier to carry.

vgun

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 10:07:36 AM »
I think that the rulers of Europe are proof that centuries of inbreeding has negative consequences

Bones

• It's more fun to hide and surprise'm!
  • Now what!?
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »
Remind me not to buy any Belgium beer!
The greatest assimilation of notes ever done on electric guitar, The Star Spangled Banner and Machine Gun II by Jimi Hendrix, were done for those who served with their lives, be they living or deceased. Only an idiot doesn't believe that.

I fish and fart, therefor, I am.

Para Driver

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 08:31:07 PM »
How do you logically respond to something so illogical. Sad, but these people reproduce.