Author Topic: My thoughts on the 2nd amendment  (Read 545 times)

Bill MO

My thoughts on the 2nd amendment
« on: January 12, 2013, 02:17:47 PM »
Ok so I got on a rant reading another forums thread and went off, for me. Will post it here also for you all to think on.

Second Amendment: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

To me key words:

Militia...The term militia (pron.: /mɨˈlɪʃə/),[1] or irregular army, is commonly used today to refer to a military force composed of ordinary citizens[2] to provide defense, emergency law enforcement, or paramilitary service, in times of emergency without being paid a regular salary or committed to a fixed term of service.

Keep....to hold securely in one's possession, custody, or control.

Bear...To carry from one place to another; transport.

Arms...Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery) weapons collectively

Bear Arms... to carry weapons

(shall not be) Infringed...To come into contact or encroach or have an impact; to infringe is to encroach on a right or privilege or to violate.

The words in the Constitution has meaning, no matter how much we dislike something there does not matter. Constitution is to be the Law those in America follow. If you don't like what's in the Constitution there is a way mentioned in the Constitution telling you how to change and amend. Writing, passing and try to enforce Unconstitutional Laws is not the way to do it.

It is time We the People stood up and say not only NO but HELL NO to those who go to DC take an oath to uphold the Constitution and then thumb their nose at it the next minute. They have been doing it way to long and it gets worse as time goes by. Hopefully the chance of losing our guns will get enough off their duff and make enough noise they will listen. If not we may need a Gun Party rather than a Tea Party....NO I'm not saying we need to start shooting but we do need to make noise. Large numbers of people standing on the steps outside Congress would hopefully get noticed.

There is a right way and a wrong way with everything we all do and I'm sick and tried of Washington doing it there way which seems to always be the WRONG way plus 10.

OK shut off the rant and off my soap box.
"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

"If you are not training in “the reality of the fight” you are training to a lower standard." Roger Phillips

"It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby." reinman45

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: My thoughts on the 2nd amendment
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 02:34:43 PM »
Reads like a good rant to me!
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.