Author Topic: Truancy cure for kids  (Read 3121 times)

DroidGeorge

• George
Truancy cure for kids
« on: January 07, 2013, 09:50:29 AM »
I love this.
Little Rock,  AR is going to round up kids found skipping school after 8:30am and put them in a holding facility where they will be supervised by a deputy and a school teacher.  At noon they will be bused to the school they ditched from.
:))
George

Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to.

GTG

Re: Truancy cure for kids
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 02:15:50 PM »
 ;D ;D
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 06:38:36 PM »
I love this.
Little Rock,  AR is going to round up kids found skipping school after 8:30am and put them in a holding facility where they will be supervised by a deputy and a school teacher.  At noon they will be bused to the school they ditched from.
George

um... do they have a method of proving they are truant?
cause if they rounded up my kids and they were not truant, and they held them with out contacting me about it. some one WOULD be in trouble for kidnapping, etc...
Time will tell.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 01:52:33 PM »
I love this.
George

cause if they rounded up my kids and they were not truant, and they held them with out contacting me about it. some one WOULD be in trouble for kidnapping, etc...

Yeah, as much as the Law Enforcement bends or breaks "the law" already, I think we're not at that point of societal decay, yet.
"They" still have to obey the "big" laws, I hope.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

pop pop

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 11:20:58 AM »
Basically, and Sadly, under the Patriot Act, big brother can do just about anything they want.  Yes, that includes rounding up kids on the streets. Basically, they can detain you for just about anything they deem suspicious. Thais came from the republicans.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 02:36:28 PM »
Basically, and Sadly, under the Patriot Act, big brother can do just about anything they want.  Yes, that includes rounding up kids on the streets. Basically, they can detain you for just about anything they deem suspicious. Thais came from the republicans.

That figures, Republicans.  Harrumph.

What this country needs is a good .05 cigar, fewer SISSIES, and and a 3rd party that doesn't sell-out to the other 2, IMO

Harrumph
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 05:35:18 AM »

Hmmm...of course the initial indicator is them being out of school when the schedule says school is in. Some assumption is possible to wit: If they're not truant, they would not be running around outside/unsupervised. This would be only initial indicators, mind you. No word as to whether any phone calls would be made. My guess would be not for now, wait till somebody complains.

Larger question, I guess: Better to risk a small number of irritated parents or the detrimental activities of the kids out of school? (Theft, burglary, vandalism, etc., opportunistic and not.) Or really long-term, leave them out and then see them on the welfare lists down the road?

I would have parents paying for pickup and delivery of any truants if I were them. Give them a financial incentive to get the kids where they're supposed to be.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 07:28:45 PM »

Hmmm...of course the initial indicator is them being out of school when the schedule says school is in. Some assumption is possible to wit: If they're not truant, they would not be running around outside/unsupervised. This would be only initial indicators, mind you. No word as to whether any phone calls would be made. My guess would be not for now, wait till somebody complains.

Larger question, I guess: Better to risk a small number of irritated parents or the detrimental activities of the kids out of school? (Theft, burglary, vandalism, etc., opportunistic and not.) Or really long-term, leave them out and then see them on the welfare lists down the road?

I would have parents paying for pickup and delivery of any truants if I were them. Give them a financial incentive to get the kids where they're supposed to be.
Several issues at stake here.
public schools have their schedule and private schools have their schedules, and home schoolers have their schedules, and people with dr. appt. etc.
Just because they are not in a school after 8:30 does not mean they are truant.
Time will tell.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2014, 05:11:40 AM »
Ay-yup.

Of course, what we don't know is how close the schedules match in that area. If everybody's on the same beat, it would make it easier as far as the first-level indicator goes.

It's a pilot program in one way whether they call it that or not. Run it for a while, see what happens. Too much hassle, they drop it.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com