Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
Blog
« on: November 15, 2011, 08:33:43 PM »
http://guntoters.com/blog/
For the Authors in the blog:

Please keep it clean; it will be read by the public. The blog is open to everyone including the search engines.
I do not mind you putting a link with your name, etc., to your website (within reason).

We want it to cover the topics that our forum covers.

We want it to be informative.

Please do not copy someone's articles and paste them then publish them, as this would violate copyright laws.

If you want to rewrite something and make it your own, that is fine.

No bashing other forums.

We will edit this post and add more info to it as time goes.
Time will tell.

rdpG19

• Some of my Photography
Re: Blog
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 05:16:53 AM »
Thanks, we got a new Forum, now we have a new Blog, cant beat that1
US Navy Veteren
Ruger SP 101 357 3" Barrel
Glock 19 Gen3
Taurus 65 357 mag
Walther PK 380

Tadrian

• I've gotten a lotta miles outta stupid!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 05:46:34 AM »
Neat!
Everyday I write the truth to who I am by what I do.
Life achieves its summit, when it does the uttermost what it was equipped to do.
It's always easier to shift the responsibility of one's existence, to lean on others rather than stand alone, but I refuse to place my destiny in another's hands.

Coastie

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 06:20:06 AM »
Yup, never had a blog on the udder site....but here... yippee yahoo!  :D

I only hope that it draws in the public, and you know we need to get the word out there that there is such a blog.  So recommend, everywhere (every website) you visit you leave the blogs URL there:  http://guntoters.com/blog
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:30:10 AM by Coastie »

SARGeek

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 07:01:22 AM »
Lovin' this place more & more. What a great community we're building here!
SARGeek

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 07:30:19 AM »
With another site that I submit articles, I send the MS WORD version, a PDF version (for layout reference) and supporting images via e-mail

The site editor then takes my article, converts it to Word Press, and then publishes the article.

Will this same capability be available here? Will I be able to retain the formatting (for example, font, font size and spacing, image formatting, etc.) as I would in the original article.

Will I be able to respond to comments about the article that readers would make?
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

dpenguin

• Forum Technician
  • Administrator
  • Watch out! The penguin's got a gun!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 08:06:40 AM »
Please note, too, that it is possible that Administrators and Editors could edit your blog posts for spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc.

With another site that I submit articles, I send the MS WORD version, a PDF version (for layout reference) and supporting images via e-mail

The site editor then takes my article, converts it to Word Press, and then publishes the article.

Will this same capability be available here? Will I be able to retain the formatting (for example, font, font size and spacing, image formatting, etc.) as I would in the original article.

That can be done, yes. :)

Will I be able to respond to comments about the article that readers would make?

Certainly, as a comment on the same post :)
----Dawn----

SARGeek

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 08:17:20 AM »
Should we register again or do out current GunToters username & password work there as well?
SARGeek

Coastie

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 08:20:56 AM »
Should we register again or do out current GunToters username & password work there as well?

No, you need to register, and a temp PW will be emailed to you...  :) 

SARGeek

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 08:22:03 AM »
Ok. Thanks Coastie!
SARGeek

Coastie

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 08:28:43 AM »
This is also covered (as will be future new blog-topics) in the How do you do this, that and the other help board.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 08:48:44 AM »
I just posted my first blog at the blogging site! Too kuhl!  ;D

I hope that you enjoy reading it.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

Coastie

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 08:57:39 AM »

Not only read it, but also (edited it) a widdle...  ;)

SARGeek

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 08:01:30 AM »
Ok folks, you asked for it.

In point of fact, I was honored to be asked to write for the blog and so it is with some nervousness that I've posted my first article.

Let me know what you think
SARGeek

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 08:13:54 AM »

In point of fact, I was honored to be asked to write for the blog and so it is with some nervousness that I've posted my first article.

Very well written good job!!

Russ
"In God we trust All others pay cash"
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 08:22:55 AM »

Very well written TAURIAN, sorry for your loss.

Russ
"In God we trust All others pay cash"
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

Coastie

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 08:38:14 AM »
It was enjoyable reading your blog post Taurian, and am sorry for your lost!

Please keep up the good work!

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 09:39:56 AM »

Very nice write-up and I left a comment on the blog. Actually, I left two because I stutter.  ;D

SARGeek

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 11:21:02 AM »
Thanks for the kudos guys. I'll try to make them worth reading.
SARGeek

Coastie

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 12:17:36 PM »
y-y-yo-you s-st-stu-stut-stutt-stutte-stutter? 

I-is -it -b-bb-ba-bad? :o

Coastie

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 12:24:29 PM »
Sorry about the above, just kidding around.....and that after sitting here typing up instructions in the How to board. 

Also this AM I posted (or waz it last night :o ) the blogroll that SARGeek mentioned to me yesterday.  It was easy SARGeek, and something you could have done, after seeing your wonderful blog; but I understand....you will have to learn...  ;)

Anyway the blogroll is a list of websites we guntoters use, and it was adapted from the national firearm training folder and other places.  If you have any suggestions for that, PM me because I locked it and only want forum mods to edit there. 

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 01:51:42 PM »
Sorry about the above, just kidding around.....and that after sitting here typing up instructions in the How to board. 

Also this AM I posted (or waz it last night :o ) the blogroll that SARGeek mentioned to me yesterday.  It was easy SARGeek, and something you could have done, after seeing your wonderful blog; but I understand....you will have to learn...  ;)

Anyway the blogroll is a list of websites we guntoters use, and it was adapted from the national firearm training folder and other places.  If you have any suggestions for that, PM me because I locked it and only want forum mods to edit there. 

Thanks, Coastie.

To view the Blogroll, click the News: Check out our new BLOG! link at the top of the page.

Once in the blog, click Guntoter Blogroll links in the menu bar.

Enjoy!

p.s. I especially like the Rate Your Risk - http://www.rateyourrisk.org/ site. Very informative.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:02:35 PM by Taurian »

Coastie

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 02:15:02 PM »
Thanks taurian!

Coastie

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
Well we got our first SPAM in the blog tonight (Sat.)  The "comment" was someone who read the blog, supposedly, but his name and links in the comments all pointed to his business, selling cameras.  There wasn't a name, just the link for his camera store.  I deleted the post.

If that was one of our members, please note that comments that only have web links on them, no names or such, will be considered as SPAM, as the dashboard picked it up as that and automatically notified the mods. 

Also from what I've seen the blog is taking off, thanks to all of our authors.  as Robert H (our forum creator and Admin man) mentioned the other day, all members who register at the blog (yes you will need to re-register to use it) will automatically be able to post their stories and comments.  Give a shout to the mods if you need assistance.

Take care and I'll see you on the forum!

rdpG19

• Some of my Photography
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2011, 06:07:57 AM »
Glad I saw this post, finaly figured out where the blog is and registered. Now I've got more reading to do..
US Navy Veteren
Ruger SP 101 357 3" Barrel
Glock 19 Gen3
Taurus 65 357 mag
Walther PK 380

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2011, 08:35:25 AM »
Several blogs have been added. I sure would like to see more, as I know we have some good writers amongst us.

Coastie

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2011, 08:56:22 AM »
They're coming....  ;)

Coastie

Need more Blogs....
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 11:57:21 AM »
I was in the Blog this morning (working as a mod/editor) and saw some comments, which I deleted as they appeared to be SPAM, but it asked for more Blogs...

So those of you who can write, write

If some of you members, want to write, but don't have Blog author-ship, we can easily fix that.  I know some of you can write - I've seen your posts on the USCCA.  See any mod for more info.  There's also a How to do it article on Blogging...

Coastie

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 01:51:47 PM »
On Blog comments, please post any you have in English.  Any other language will be deleted as SPAM.  Thanks!

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 12:41:56 PM »
On Blog comments, please post any you have in English.  Any other language will be deleted as SPAM.  Thanks!

Ok Coastie!  Will use English!  Any words or phrases I may know in any other tongue would be slang or cursing anyway!  HEHE
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Coastie

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2012, 01:42:44 PM »
I know you will.  But for some reason we get reams of comments in polish...and they go into the trash, hence the reason for the E n g l i s h comment.  Slang is okay as long as it's English...