Author Topic: Kickstart's Gashed Potatoes  (Read 1088 times)

Brademan

• Global Moderator
Kickstart's Gashed Potatoes
« on: November 19, 2012, 05:00:15 PM »
Kickstartís Gashed Potatoes

This is quick and can be adjusted for as many or as few people as you have at the table.  I like mine pretty spicy, so you can back off the condiments, if you have a delicate palateÖor youíre a wuss!

Ingredients:

1 or 2 good sized potatoes (You can use Russets or Yukon Gold, but most any other is fine.)
Sharp knife
Butter or margarine (about Ĺ a stick, melted)
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil
Garlic cloves
Frankís Red Hot sauce

Heat the oven to 375 and, while itís building up a good head of steam, prep the spuds by slicing each one width-wise, like a salami, but donít cut all the way through.  Leave about ľ inch attached, and make the slices about 1/4 inch thick.

Cut the garlic cloves into slices (elephant garlic is great for this!) and put a slice in each cut of the spuds.  Drizzle the melted butter over and into the slices and the potato, and then salt and pepper to taste.  Now put about three good shakes of the Frankís hot sauce over each potato.  I like to put some in each slice, but thatís just me.

Put about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the bottom of a square metal pan so the spuds donít stick and then toss them into the oven for 50 minutes.

Depending on your oven, they should come out with a tasty brown butter glaze on top and be kind of crunchy.  Theyíre real good with ribs or even grilled salmon, but you can eat them with almost anything, including chili!

Enjoy!

Kickstart

Brademan
Special Projects Manager - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
www.armedcitizensnetwork.org
Admin - ACLDN Forum
Patron Member - NRA
Aikidoka, Harley owner, steel crafter, shooter, Plain speaker