Author Topic: Kickstart's Complex Chili  (Read 1232 times)

Brademan

• Global Moderator
Kickstart's Complex Chili
« on: November 19, 2012, 04:55:24 PM »
OK.  Now you've done it!  If you are throwing down for recipe's, I got your back.  In another life, I have been all kinds of chef.  Not professionally, mind you, but I HAVE done competition chili and other contest, for a long time.  It's fun.....and I enjoy watching people's heads explode!

Here is one I use a lot.

Kickstart’s Complex Chili
This is the ‘take your time’ sort of chili. It was the blue ribbon winner at a chili cook-off, garnering a prize worth $20,00. With some surprises like beer and unsweetened cocoa, you get a mouth watering chili that will have them begging for the recipe. For the brave souls that like more fire, double the hot sauce to kick it up a notch. Read the whole recipe before you make it. 
This chili has been taste tested by people who have searched high and low for the best chili recipe and they agreed...it is definitely a winner!
Ingredients:
2 1/2 lb. lean chuck, cubed
1 lb. lean pork, ground
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 cup finely chopped onion
8 oz. hunt's tomato sauce
1 cup water
1 can beer (12 oz.)
3 Tablespoons chili powder
2 Tablespoons instant beef bouillon (or 6 cubes)
2 Tablespoons cumin, ground
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon Ring of Fire hot sauce
1 teaspoon cornmeal
1 teaspoon flour
1 teaspoon warm water
Directions:
1. In a large saucepan brown 1 1/4 pounds of the beef, drain the fat.
2. Remove meat. Brown the rest of the both meats, drain all but 2 tablespoons of the fat.
3. Add the garlic and onion, cook and stir until tender.
4. Add back the other half of the meat and the tomato sauce, water, beer, chili powder, bouillon, cumin, paprika, sugar, coriander, cocoa, and hot sauce. Mix well.
5. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
6. In a small bowl, stir together the cornmeal and flour, then add the warm water and mix well.
7. Stir into chili and cook, covered, for an additional 20 minutes.
8. Now take off the stove and cover overnight.  The next afternoon (or when you plan to eat the chili) bring it slowly to medium heat, stirring regularly, and fold in ¼ cup of good quality Tequila.
9. Stir and simmer for 15 minutes.

Serve this with crusty bread, sliced shilled apples and ice cold beer!  It doesn’t get any better!

Kickstart
Brademan
Special Projects Manager - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
www.armedcitizensnetwork.org
Admin - ACLDN Forum
Patron Member - NRA
Aikidoka, Harley owner, steel crafter, shooter, Plain speaker