Author Topic: Nighthawk custom Talon  (Read 1832 times)

mustang125

Nighthawk custom Talon
« on: November 11, 2012, 02:18:33 PM »
I was really looking forward to writing a review on this gun. It came in Friday and it was the most beautiful smothers 1911 I had ever seen or held. I took it apart and cleaned it and put it in the display. Well I had a old man come in looking for a Kimber but I didn't have any. They are kinda hard to get right now. I asked him if he would be interested in the Talon and he decided to buy it. I just received a email from his son, my heart sank when I saw the last name, and they wanted to tell me they will never by a Kimber again because this was the best shooting gun they had ever shot. My opinion of limbers is they are fancy looking guns for you to show to everyone. This gun is to good to shoot to leave in a display case. Mr. Pepper WW 2 veteran
Kinda says a lot more than I could have. I thought I was going to be stuck with a $2400 gun but I am going to order another.

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
Re: Nighthawk custom Talon
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 08:06:45 PM »
wow I wish I had that kinda $$ to get to spend on guns and accessories.
Time will tell.

mustang125

Nighthawk custom Talon
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 06:50:05 AM »
Me too! He was 78 so I guess he can by what he wants.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 03:56:01 PM »
Just looked this pistol up.
Looks pretty good to me too.
Hummm, I'm thinking of starting a savings account for that purpose.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

mustang125

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 07:10:59 PM »
It is so smooth and cool. Talk about cool I just received a white gold safari club lever action in for a transfer. This thing is so cool. Then again it is worthless because you probably shouldn't shoot it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 08:05:04 AM »
I've had several smiths tell me that every Kimber that has come into the shop, comes in with rust and I have read several accounts on rusting Kimbers (http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?157912-Kimber-and-rust-%28, http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=375661, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBkPH6PSWm4).

There won't be any Kimbers in my corral.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.