Author Topic: Bored tonight  (Read 1312 times)

mustang125

Bored tonight
« on: October 19, 2012, 06:50:08 PM »
There was nothing on tv, yup 390 channels, so I decided to do some reloading. Loaded 100 .380 and 200 9mm. I sized and cleaned a bunch of 40s&w but stopped there because my elbow started to hurt. Tomorrow I will have to finish them and 100 45 acp and 20 or so 7 Rem mag. I need a better machine like a Dillion 650. Oh Santa are you listening?

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
Re: Bored tonight
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 03:10:39 AM »
You need to save that elbow for eating and drinking.  I watched the Yukon Men show where the two young guys went out and shot a caribou then, had to carry the meat out after staying overnight on the mountain. 
do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times. - Gabe Suarez

mustang125

Bored tonight
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 05:00:43 AM »
I like the show but can't stand the narrator. I don't think life is a drama like they make it out to be.

Coastie

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 08:34:37 AM »
You need to save that elbow for eating and drinking.  I watched the Yukon Men show where the two young guys went out and shot a caribou then, had to carry the meat out after staying overnight on the mountain. 

I saw that as well, you'll remember that they packed the meat away from their campsite (hundreds of yards) and then (in 15' fog-they could only see 15' in every direction) they tried to find their meat the next day).  I noticed the wives (of others) had ATVs when they hunted their caribou...
Life's a beach when you live hundreds of miles away from repair shops that can fix mechanical problems (those they can't fix...).  Yet it's all good...such distance means no busy highways, tourists or...

mustang125

Bored tonight
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 05:05:54 PM »
I had started watching the one that the son was hunting bear alone and the fish nets were torn by logs and they had no fish for the winter and they had to get up a slippery slope in the rain. All that drama at the same time made me turn the boob-tube off.
Finished 164 rds of 40 s&w and twenty 7rem mag for deer hunting. Now it is Time for BAMA football!!! Sorry Tennessee fans.

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 03:45:26 AM »
YEH,  It's all for show otherwise the camera guys would not be there.   ???  They try to make it sound like the homestead folks are going to die if they don't get the fish, caribou, bear, rabbit or whatever.  Last night, it was kinda interesting to watch the Weather Channel where some guys in Alaska were hauling 8 round bales of hay down a steep icy road with a tractor and cart for 28 miles to save their friend.  They had to stay overnight in a cattle herder cabin.  How convenient.  Hmm.  I, too, may have to take up hand loading again.
do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times. - Gabe Suarez