Author Topic: Beretta M-21  (Read 1490 times)

Coastie

Beretta M-21
« on: September 10, 2012, 03:39:27 PM »
This is the Beretta M-21.  (Photo 1)

One of the reasons I like this little DA .22 LR pistol is that is is very concealable.  I use it with my Bulldog pouch, as noted here:   http://guntoters.com/index.php/topic,2527.0.html

Another reason I like this small pistol is the fact that one can load it without racking the slide those for those who can't rack or have a hard time racking the slide of a pistol will find this accommodating.  One just moves a lever (as noted below) and the barrel tips up.  Note Beretta offers this feature also on their .25 and .32 SA/DAs as well.

This can also be used as a pocket gun.  It is small enough to carry in a coat pocket.  It holds 7 .22 LR cartridges in the detachable magazine and with one in the barrel that gives you 8 rounds of potential defensive ammo.  The trigger pull is lightweight and the sights adequate.  I've regularly grouped all 8 bullets in a 2x2" area.

There's also a safety lever on the left-hand side of the pistol (similar to the 1911) that will allow one to cock and lock the trigger.  The barrel release lever is shown in photo 2.

The review below will offer plenty of other information and detail on this little pistol.  The average price for this pistol runs between $280 and $350, depending on gun shop.

http://www.guns.com/gun-review-beretta-21a-bobcat-7476.html

Brademan

• Global Moderator
Re: Beretta M-21
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 09:46:24 PM »
I've always liked these little guns.  I almost bought one but I found the Taurus version (the PT-22) and I liked it a bit better.  Basically they are the same gun, but I like the more substantial trigger guard on the Taurus, for getting a better grip.  Also, the magazines have a finger rest at the bottom.

Either way, you have a great little pocket gun!  Thanks for posting this.
Brademan
Special Projects Manager - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
www.armedcitizensnetwork.org
Admin - ACLDN Forum
Patron Member - NRA
Aikidoka, Harley owner, steel crafter, shooter, Plain speaker

Coastie

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 05:41:10 AM »
Yes it is, and depending on one's hand size I am sure yours works well with you, as this one does with me.  I have a couple of these.  Two are in the vault as they were advertised in the 80s as the Beretta Lady with 14K gold trim and such (M-21A-W); but I wanted one I could shoot.  This shoots great! 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_21A_Bobcat#Variants

Coastie

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 09:35:59 AM »
Since yesterday (9-20-12) was a perfect day here in Ione, temp around 85 sunny - blue skies...I thought I'd do a little shooting with the Bobcat.

Distance 21 feet.  The small circle is a 2x2 and the larger (figure on a person's chest) a little larger...

One thing though, another member mentioned a while ago either here or on that other forum about cataracts and their removal.  So what does one do when they've had cataract surgery and wants to shoot/carry, etc?  I could have used my reading glasses to see the sights on the Bobcat, or I just pointed the pistol at the target... You younger members don't have to worry about this (yet ;) ) but in the future you may.

So the targets below were just from pointing the pistol and not trying to see the sights (since I can't do two things at once now with my eyes...)  Food for thought.