Author Topic: 11 Year Old Girl Defends Home with .22 Rifle  (Read 906 times)

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
11 Year Old Girl Defends Home with .22 Rifle
« on: August 09, 2012, 10:32:53 PM »
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - When three teenage burglars pried open the door of a northwest Albuquerque home they had no idea they would be met by a brave little girl, police said Wednesday.
Alyssa Gutierrez, 11, took matters into her own hands Tuesday when police said when Miguel Marquez, Eduardo Zubiate and Jesus Quintana broke into her home.
Gutierrez armed herself with a loaded rifle.
http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/Girl-loads-rifle-to-spook-burglars
Time will tell.

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
Re: 11 Year Old Girl Defends Home with .22 Rifle
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 03:51:15 AM »
Eleven year olds with .22s should not be messed with.  Thanks for the post.
do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times. - Gabe Suarez

GTG

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 07:29:47 AM »
I guess she didn't panic. She reacted well under pressure. G2G
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

SARGeek

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 11:42:52 AM »
Thought she was pretty resourceful two years ago when it happened. Check the dateline.

We need more kids like her!
SARGeek

Coastie

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 07:11:18 PM »
Thought she was pretty resourceful two years ago when it happened. Check the dateline.

We need more kids like her!

+1 

All depends on where they live, Albuquerque is a good area (or it was a couple of years ago), sure you always have bad sections of town in any city.  Seems to me that those youngsters who are rural more so than city youngsters have the ability to learn about weapons more at an early age.  Some young women (girls) in our area were taught on the 20 gage shotgun and  they go out shooting all the time with their parents (they even hunt), so.... but I hope they never have to defend themselves - but they would also do it...as do the other young people in the area - the various ranges in my town, and up the road always have competitions and the youth regularly turn out for them!

Atta girl! 

There was also a young woman who did the same thing in Neb a couple of years ago...keep up the good work!