Author Topic: Gun sales spike in Colorado after shooting, just like they did in Arizona  (Read 1356 times)

Coastie

Gun sales spike in Colorado after shooting, just like they did in Arizona

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/gun-sales-161409369--finance.html

Gun sales in Colorado have spiked since last week's massacre, The Denver Post reports.
Background checks jumped more than 41 percent since Friday's shooting that left 12 dead and 58 injured during a midnight screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" at an Aurora movie theater. Over the weekend, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation approved background checks for 2,887 people who wanted to purchase a firearm, the Post said, an increase of 43 percent over the previous weekend.
"It's been insane," Jake Meyers, an employee at Rocky Mountain Guns and Ammo in Parker, Colo., told the paper.

{for more, see link}

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
I believe that people are becoming more aware that they are more vulnerable when not armed.  As stated before, one CCW in the theater could have made a big difference.
“do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

Bill MO

I believe that people are becoming more aware that they are more vulnerable when not armed.  As stated before, one CCW in the theater could have made a big difference.

I think to have made a difference the CCer would have had to been sitting where the fight started. Because of the darkness, smoke and the rush of the crowd if you where not close you would not have known where it was happening nor could you have gotten there. The right type of person sitting in the right spot would have put him down with or without a weapon. But for the most part people are not of the mindset to act and take care of their own problems these days. They are of the mind it's up to someone else to take care of the problem. Call 911, I'm sorry when someone is shooting up the place there is no time to call 911. ATTACK!!!!!!! But use your head at the same time.
"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

"If you are not training in “the reality of the fight” you are training to a lower standard." Roger Phillips

"It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby." reinman45

SARGeek

Good point Bill. But the more I think about it, the more I wish I was in the balcony, front row, where I would be above his normal line of sight and have a pretty clear shot of my own over the heads of the sheep...

I know he may have been wearing armor (debate rages as the only hard info so far available is the tac vest but it conflicts with the vid capture from the actual arrest) but I can't help but think that with a clear shot at short range and out of his sight line I would have had a pretty good chance.

Unfortunately, I am having to re-think where I would sit in a theater. My usual spot, near the aisle, about half-way up the main floor, in the center section, would seem to buy me the worst of both worlds: Too far for easy engagement with all the folks likely in the way, too close to maneuver around his limited vision to a better attack location. Will have to sort that out before I head to movies again.
SARGeek

Bill MO

If we let it life can get us to the point that we hide under the bed behind locked doors and do not enjoy life. I try not to let things get to that point. I don't let the tactical stuff rule what I do all the time. I try to live a joy filled life keeping as SA as I can while knowing that I have prepared for most things that come my way to the best of my ability. I may not see all things coming, most like will not see them till they are on top of me, but I hope and pray I am capable of handling the situation once its there. If that should prove not to be enough then I have enjoyed my family and my life and will be happy to see my maker and Lord. But I have no plans of going down easy.
"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

"If you are not training in “the reality of the fight” you are training to a lower standard." Roger Phillips

"It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby." reinman45

GTG

It is NOT just Firearm sales that has shown that increase. CCW Permit applications has doubled locally, if not Nation Wide! G2G
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"