Author Topic: Custom Fusion  (Read 6511 times)

Dinky Dau Don

• Every Day On Top Of The Dirt, Is A Great Day!
    • Don's Website
Custom Fusion
« on: July 01, 2012, 10:08:27 AM »
I had Fusion build me a Slab Side, Long Slide 10mm Hunter.  This thing is as sweet as it looks.  This is from the first time out.  The two fliers out to the left are from me in anticipation of recoil.  In spite of my recovering from back surgery the recoil wasn't any where near what I thought it would be.  The results are using 180 gr JHP at twenty-five yards one hand, off-hand.  When I started the third mag, my back began to talk to me so I had to take a break.  The only changes I'm making to the pistol are adding the magwell and a little stoning on the trigger.
This is the third pistol Fusion has built for me.  I have a 1911 Custom Officers and 1911 Custom Commander Bobtail (My daily carry).  Number four in being built now, another 10mm, a 1911 5" Slab Side.

I Carry A .45 Because Shooting Twice Is Just Silly!
US ARMY - '56 to '65 - SFC
Happiness Is Having Been An Airborne Ranger and Still Being Alive To Brag About It![

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Custom Fusion
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 11:26:49 AM »
Excellent shooting!
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 12:47:46 PM »
I wish that I could do that, at 25 yards, offhand!
Kudos!
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

commonground

• Two Beautiful Girls
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 12:48:27 PM »
Nice shooting and congratulation on the new piece.   ;)
“do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

mvaughanusm81

• New User
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 05:35:42 PM »
Good shooting!

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 09:30:14 AM »
I had Fusion build me a Slab Side, Long Slide 10mm Hunter.  This thing is as sweet as it looks.  This is from the first time out.  The two fliers out to the left are from me in anticipation of recoil.  In spite of my recovering from back surgery the recoil wasn't any where near what I thought it would be.  The results are using 180 gr JHP at twenty-five yards one hand, off-hand.  When I started the third mag, my back began to talk to me so I had to take a break.  The only changes I'm making to the pistol are adding the magwell and a little stoning on the trigger.
This is the third pistol Fusion has built for me.  I have a 1911 Custom Officers and 1911 Custom Commander Bobtail (My daily carry).  Number four in being built now, another 10mm, a 1911 5" Slab Side.

Nice grouping!
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Dinky Dau Don

• Don's Website
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 01:51:09 PM »
Hey Guys, I'm back.  Sorry for the absence got busy writing while recuperating from back problems.  Check them out if you get a minute:  www.djstephens.org.

Got another Fusion built thought you might like to get a look.  1911 slabside 10mm with bobtail grip and ghost ring rear sight.

Happiness Is Having Been An Airborne Ranger and Still Being Alive To Brag About It![

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 05:37:52 AM »
Sweet! I especially like the rear sight arrangement. How well does it work for you? I have found that "Ghost" sights usually work for me if I can get them as close to the eye as possible (like shooting a rifle, for example).
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 07:05:19 AM »
I too am fond of the rear sight arrangement!
Good to see ya back DJS!
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Dinky Dau Don

• Don's Website
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 02:39:16 PM »
I find I get a sight picture and alignment a lot faster with the ghost ring rear.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 02:45:10 PM »
I'm going to look into
I find I get a sight picture and alignment a lot faster with the ghost ring rear.
I am going to look into purchasing one of these for the SR9.

oldranger53

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 06:06:56 AM »

Ever since I found out that I could shoot better with the "peep sight" on my .303 British rifle than I could with the scope that was optional with it, I've been in love with that type of sight.
Eyes are worse now, but still there's no scope on the Rem700, and I'm looking for "peep sights" for it that suit my fancy.  So far I've not been happy with what I've found on the market.  Some day I'll find the right ones for it.

SARGeek

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 08:26:45 AM »

Ever since I found out that I could shoot better with the "peep sight" on my .303 British rifle than I could with the scope that was optional with it, I've been in love with that type of sight.
Eyes are worse now, but still there's no scope on the Rem700, and I'm looking for "peep sights" for it that suit my fancy.  So far I've not been happy with what I've found on the market.  Some day I'll find the right ones for it.

These have a pretty good rep. You could go with a wider aperture for faster target acquisition, Williams offers a variety of apertures for these.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/681133/williams-5d-70-receiver-peep-sight-winchester-70-remington-700-mossberg-800-aluminum-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding
SARGeek

oldranger53

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 09:03:39 AM »

These have a pretty good rep. You could go with a wider aperture for faster target acquisition, Williams offers a variety of apertures for these.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/681133/williams-5d-70-receiver-peep-sight-winchester-70-remington-700-mossberg-800-aluminum-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Yeah!  That sure looks better than what I've found elsewhere.  Way less $ as well!  I just might go for one of these!  THANKS!

SARGeek

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 09:08:04 AM »
Glad to help Wade.

Bear in mind the drilling & tapping requirement. Should be an easy job for your local gunsmith if you don't want to mess with it yourself.
SARGeek